When going out in the sun this summer it's important that you take good care of your eyes.
Here are a few tips on how to protect your eyes in the sun:
- Don't look directly at the sun.
- If the sun is strong enough to give you a tan - ALWAYS wear your sunglasses.
- A baseball cap also helps to protect your eyes - but the peak has to face forward!
- Sunlight bouncing off water or snow is even stronger so make sure you protect your eyes on the beach or if you're skiing.
- Light coloured eyes need more protection than darker ones.
- Light is strongest in the middle of the day - so take extra care then.
- Remember that strong light can get through clouds.