BBC Home
Explore the BBC


Eating Problems

Last Updated: Friday February 19 2010 12:27 GMT

Where can you go for help?

A child on the phone

Many young people deny they have an eating problem or try to keep it a secret.

But the sooner someone accepts that they have a problem, the easier it is for them to get help.

You can get help from talking to friends and family or a trained helper, called a counsellor.

You can find counsellors by calling ChildLine for free on 0800 1111.

The Eating Disorder Association youth line is 0845 634 7650 or follow the link to the right. The association will also call young people back if they have trouble paying their phone bill.

People who feel suicidal, troubled or in despair can call the Samaritans 24 hrs a day on 03457 909090 or look in your local phone directory.