The countries that have been affected are in South East Asia, they are a long way from the UK.
1. Vietnam: Vietnam has been seriously hit by the bird flu outbreak.
About two million chickens died or have been destroyed by the authorities. Several people have also died.
2. Japan: Japan has had an outbreak of the virus at a big poultry farm where 40% of the birds have died. The rest were destroyed.
3. South Korea: Millions of chickens, ducks and other poultry have died of bird flu or have been killed to prevent it spreading.
4. Thailand: At least three people have died in Thailand of bird flu. It's not clear how many birds have been affected, but 11 million chickens have either died or been culled in the outbreak.
Some farmers who thought their chickens had died from the disease were told by the government that chicken cholera or bronchitis was to blame.
5. Taiwan: 20,000 chickens have been slaughtered but they were infected by a different less dangerous type of bird flu than the poultry in other countries.