The brand name of digital terrestrial is Freeview.
It used to be called ITV Digital but that ran out of money, so has been replaced by the new system, which started on 30 October 2002.
What's good about it:
- You only buy the decoder box - all the channels on it are free
- It works with your telly - there's no need for a dish or the road to be dug up
- You can watch it with your old ITV Digital box
What's bad about it:
- You only get 30 channels, and can't choose to pay for extra ones like E4
- The boxes won't work in around 25% of the country and even if you can get it you might need to upgrade your aerial