Lindsey answers back to people who say Harry Potter is bad.
Here's her argument.
"I am writing to express my anger, shared by many, towards politics, parents, and religious organisations that constantly label the Harry Potter series 'evil' and 'anti-Christian'.
I think I should bring a few points to their attention:
- Harry Potter teaches us about the battle between good and evil
- It teaches us that we should stand up for what's right, even if we're the only ones standing
- It teaches us that it is better to lead a moral life no matter what the consequences
- To show courage and bravery
- To value our friends and loved ones
JK Rowling has included all of these at some point in Harry's life.
I think it encourages the reader to do so themselves in a similar situation (but obviously we would never come face to face with a Dark Lord!)
I do not think Harry Potter encourages witchcraft.
The magical element in the book just adds some fun to the whole thing.
I wouldn't want to read about three kids in ordinary boarding school fighting a constant battle against the headmaster for 'too much homework!'.
I think Harry Potter encourages us to draw strength from within and to be nice people."
Lindsey, 15, Runcorn
Why don't you write us a Press Pack report - and get it published on the site?!
It can be about anything that's happened in your local area - or your views on the news.