Sci/Tech
 Weather
 Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What do you think of the new Potter title?
Updated 01 July 2004, 19.09
What do you think of the Potter six title?
The title of the sixth Harry Potter book has finally been revealed!

It's going to be called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

JK Rowling has also revealed that that the person in the title is neither Harry nor Voldemort.

We want to know what you think of the title. Do you think it's good? And what do you think it'll be about?

Tell us what you think!

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteI think it is a good title and it will keep people in suspense.closing quote
Vajih, 11, Rochdale

opening quoteI'm surprised that the title has been revealed. It's probably due to all the rumours about the title that have been circling lately. I personally think that the new title lacks the mysticism that the other titles had.closing quote
Zoe, 14, Plymouth

opening quoteI think the title doesn't sound as exciting as the others. I agree - it must be about Neville Longbottom.closing quote
Ben, 13, Winchester

opening quoteI think that the Half Blood Prince will be really dark and mysterious and not like any other Harry Potter books. I still can't wait though!closing quote
Gemma, 12, Aberdeenshire

opening quoteI think that the title is good because it does not reveal anything, so it leaves you to imagine what the book will be about.closing quote
Caroline, 11, Wiltshire

opening quoteIt sounds great! I didn't expect this sort of name but it sounds a brilliant book to read!closing quote
Emma, 14, York

opening quoteI not that fussed on the title 'The Half Blood Prince' but when the title for book 5 came out I wasn't fussed on it but the book was great. It'll probably grow on me. closing quote
David , 12, Cardiff

opening quoteI think it's a great title! JK said though that the half blood prince isn't Harry or Voldemort. I hope it's not Seamus though, I'm not to fond of his character and can't really imagine him with a bigger role. I've got the feeling that the Half Blood Prince will have something to do with either a Trelawney of Firenze prediction.closing quote
Loni, 12, London

opening quoteI don't like the new title very much - its sounds too much like a fairytale, but I do agree with the other people it WILL be a good bookclosing quote
Rachel, 13, Darlington

opening quoteI think it sounds great!!! JK Rowling really is good with these things so I think this book will be just as exciting!! I'm so excited for this next book and I hope its out soon! but I'm praying Harry Ron or Hermione don't dieclosing quote
Amy, 13, Nottingham

opening quoteIt's an EXCELLENT TITLE!!! Definitely Mark Evans (the guy who got beat up by Dudley in Ootp) He's 10 turning 11 in book six (people get their letters of admission from Hogwarts then) and he shares Lily's and Petunia's surname.closing quote
Hetal, 14, Hounslow

opening quoteI personally don't like the title. It sounds to me like all the title is saying is "Harry Potter and Harry Potter", cause Harry is a "half blood prince". His mom was a muggle turned witch and people now treat him like a prince since they adore him and all now. But I don't know, I just hope that the book leaves a better impression on me than the title did.closing quote
Dana, 14, USA

opening quoteI think it's going to be another great book and I hope it is really long because I love Harry Potter books.closing quote
Neer, 12, Gillingham

opening quoteWhen someone first told me about it, I thought they were lying! I didn't believe it till I read it on Newsround. Perhaps it will grow on me, but quite honestly: the worst title yet!closing quote
Lily, 14, London

opening quoteI think the title is really exciting, because it doesn't give too much away. Like others I am eagerly waiting for the book. I cant wait for it!closing quote
Hannah, 14, Kent

opening quoteIt can't be Neville or Malfoy, they're both proved to be pure-bloods in OOTP. I think it'll be Dumbledore, or maybe Lupin, he's kind of half human half wolf.closing quote
Tom, 13, Epsom

opening quoteI think it's a really good title because everyone is going to be wondering who the half-blood prince is! I don't think it's Neville Longbottom, though, because it's mentioned all the way through the book that Neville is a pure-blood but ALMOST a squib. I reckon it will be someone who has been mentioned before but not in depth.closing quote
Lana, 14, Cardiff

opening quoteI think it is great, very suspenseful, and I can't wait until it comes out so I can read it!!closing quote
Michelle, 13, USA

opening quoteMaybe Malfoy is actually adopted and is a half blood which is why he makes fun of other people for being half bloods to make himself feel better!closing quote
Anna, 15, Edinburgh

opening quoteI think it sounds exciting! I can't wait for it to come out!closing quote
Pauline, 14, Scotland

opening quoteit sounds really interesting to me. It could be lots of people, it could even be a new character. J K is great with twists in the story. closing quote
Lea, 14, Sheffield

opening quoteDoesn't sound too good, but it adds mystery and knowing J.K Rowling the book will be great any way, even if the title doesn't sound it!closing quote
Saha, 12, Stoke

opening quoteI think that it is an interesting title! I preferred the rumoured 'Pillar of Storge' better though! Let's hope the actual book is as good as her others!closing quote
April, 14, USA

opening quoteI think that by using the word 'blood' it makes the book sound quite scary!closing quote
Sally, 15, Liverpool

opening quoteI love it! Although, like book 5, I don't think the story is going to be about the half blood prince. In fact, I don't think its about a prince at all!!!!closing quote
Jenny, 12, Stoke-on-Trent

opening quoteOk my first reaction was hysterical laughter...but who knows, it might grow on me.closing quote
Laura, 13, Southampton

opening quoteI disagree with Chloe from Sussex because Neville is a pure blood. If the half blood is not Harry or Voldemort then it must be someone else like Hagrid or something... maybe it's not talking about wizard-muggle blood but human-creature blood.closing quote
Jenny, 15, Houston

opening quoteNowhere near as good as the other titles of the other books.closing quote
Steve, 14, Eastbourne

opening quoteI don't understand why everybody is assuming that the title is referring to somebody we already know. JK might introduce a new character.closing quote
Arianna, 14, Reading

opening quoteI love the title Half-Blood Prince its funny that it was meant to be for CoS. I reckon the Half Blood Prince is Hagrid or Dumbledoreclosing quote
Pete, 15, Kent

opening quoteThis is an interest title and now I'm REALLY anticipating the 6th book. Although, Harry Potter fans shouldn't get too excited just yet, as Order of the Phoenix was released three years after J.K. Rowling gave us the title!closing quote
Sarah, 14, Grimsby

opening quoteI think the Half Blood Prince is a bit of a strange title but it sounds good and I agree with Chloe that it may well be Neville Longbottom.closing quote
Kate, 12, Sudbury-on-Thames

opening quoteIt could be Neville Longbottom or Seamus Finnegan.closing quote
Julia, 13, Belfast

opening quoteI think it's a really good name. And J.K saying that it's neither Harry nor Voldemort was a really good thing to do, as now it's got people excited and guessing what it could be. I think The Half Blood Prince will be Neville or Malfoy.closing quote
Kirsty, 13, Newton Abbott

opening quoteThe Half Blood Prince might be Hagrid as he is half human half giant. In Book 5 the giants are fighting for new leaders so maybe they choose Hagrid!!closing quote
Sophia, 13, London

opening quoteI'm very surprised that she actually revealed it!closing quote
Nix, 12, Zurich

opening quoteI can absolutely not wait for book six to come out now! I feel really eager to know who the Half Blood Prince is!!! I think its a great title, but I don't have a clue what its about!closing quote
Aisha, 14, Suffolk

opening quoteI think the Half Blood Prince might be Neville Longbottom.closing quote
Chloe, 12, Sussex

More InfoBORDER=0
PicturesPrisoner of Azkaban UK premiere
Find OutOur Harry Potter section
ChatChat about the Potter actors
QuizTry our Azkaban quiz

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Potter book six title revealed!
Potter book six rumour 'a hoax'
Fleur Delacour cast in Potter 4
Goblet of Fire won't be two films
JK: There will NOT be an eighth Potter book

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Who influences you the most? Vote: who influences you the most?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Rings Slider Challenge Play our tricky Rings Slider game!
Guides A-Z
A clickable list of all our guides
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club