Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Your verdict on Eurovision 2004
Updated 19 May 2004, 16.10
Eurovision comments
Well, Eurovision's all over for another year.

Ukraine were the winners, a British girl representing Cyprus took fifth and UK entry James Fox came in at 16th out of 24 competitors.

As usual, the show was filled with cheesy banter and colourful costumes.

Did you tune in? Did you think Ukraine's Ruslana was a worthy winner?

And how did you rate the performances by Lisa and James?

E-mail us with your thoughts!

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteI think our song was okay but Ukraine didn't deserve to win! The girl couldn't even sing! All the countries were voting for there neighbouring countries. I think it was a complete fix!closing quote
Rebecca, 12, St Boswells

opening quoteI think James was very good, I think it was the fact that he didn't put on a big show or a dance routine and he stood there with his own instrument and sang his song. It all revolves around the show and not the singing. Also I think politics held it back a lot this year.closing quote
Katy, 12, Stockton-on-Tees

opening quoteI think the standard of songs this year was so much better, especially our song for the UK! I think he deserved to do much better though!closing quote
jade, 14, London

opening quoteEveryone votes politically. It's so annoying! Think of it this way, we got a lot more than last year.closing quote
Juliette, 13, Cardiff

opening quoteTo be honest I don't think James Fox was very good. He was sooo bland and it sounded like all the others that didn't do very well. I am glad Ukraine won 'cuz they were original and by far the best. The worst thing about it though was Terry Wogan!!! He is soooo annoying he just doesn't understand new and different types of music.closing quote
Alana, 12, Birmingham

opening quoteJames Fox or the Irish entry definitely deserved to win. Ukraine were dreadful! The only reason they won was because they jumped around the stage like a bunch of barbarians! There song was awful. James rocked and had a nice tan!closing quote
Georgia, 15, London

opening quoteI thought James Fox sang really well! (Plus he's welsh!) He deserved to get more votes, but that's what's annoying. The votes are too fixed. Ukraine were funny, but didn't deserve to win. Netherlands were good. ACE COMMENTRY FROM TERRY WOGAN!closing quote
Lucy, 14, Cwmbran

opening quoteI thought the Cyprus entry was brilliant - she should have won. James would have done better if the voting wasn't so political.closing quote
Julia, 13, Belfast

opening quoteIf you rate the Eurovision song contest on entertainment, 10/10! 'Coz Terry Wogan was really funny, taking the mick out of everything and things. But if you look at who awarded who points, it kinda looks like 12 points were always awarded to the country's neighbours! And like Rebecca, 14, Birmingham said, it was all a vote of politics. People aren't going to vote for the UK, coz we went to war. But well done to James Fox, he did better than last year! Not that that was very hard to do of course...closing quote
Kate, 13, Aylesbury

opening quoteThe whole voting was completely fixed-Turkey had a really bad song and they got 4th, Ukraine was all dancing yet they won, and all the 12 points were given to neighbouring countries. By the way thanks UK for giving us those 7 points P.S. Terry Wogan is the best thing about EUROVISIONclosing quote
Siomha, 13, Ireland

opening quoteUkraine was a worthy winner but, I thought Norway should have got a lot more votes! No offence or anything but Britain Could have done MUCH better!!!closing quote
Amirah, 11, Netherlands

opening quoteHAHA!! The Eurovision is hilarious!! Isn't it traditional that someone rubbish should win?closing quote
Alice, 14, Oxfordshire

opening quoteI don't think the UK realise that if you want 2 win the Eurovision song contest, then you need a cool up beat song that has a wicked dance! Not some soppy song!closing quote
Helen, 12, Isle of Wight

opening quoteJames was great but the voting is purely political and we don't have many friends at the moment! I liked Malta's song; 'On again, off again', it was really catchy!closing quote
Ruth, 14, Ipswich

opening quoteI think James Fox did well. I think he should have got more points and the other counties with no points should have got some - then they wouldn't have had to bare the shame of not getting any. I think James did well and he should praise himself for that. closing quote
Lynda. Harrogate

opening quoteIf you rate Eurovision on entertainment, it's 10/10! Terry Wogan was really funny. But if you look at who awarded who points, it kinda looks like 12 points were always awarded to the countries' neighbours! People aren't going to vote for the UK, coz we went to war. But well done to James Fox, he did better than last year! Not that that was very hard to do of course... closing quote
Kate, 13, Aylesbury

opening quoteI thought the Cyprus entry was brilliant - she should have won. James would have done better if the voting wasn't so political. closing quote
Julia, 13, Belfast

opening quoteJames was brilliant! Ukraine was funny but didn't really deserve to win, but Netherlands was good. Great commentary from Terry Wogan! closing quote
Lucy, 13, Cwmbran

opening quoteI don't think James Fox was very good. He was sooo bland and it sounded like all the others that didn't do very well. I am glad Ukraine won coz they were original and by far the best. The worst thing about it was Terry Wogan! He is so annoying he just doesn't understand new and different types of music.closing quote
Alana, 12, Birmingham

opening quoteI think James' performance was really boring, it's no wonder we didn't get very far, probably because nobody could remember it. closing quote
Helen, 13, Kirby Moorside

opening quoteI think England should pull out - just because we don't have any neighbouring countries we don't get many points. It's become a country popularity contest rather than a song contest! closing quote
Gemma, 14, Nottingham

opening quotewhat was the point. this isn't a song contest, its all about politics and how countries don't want to offend other countries. I think that James Fox was fantastic and I couldn't believe how he sang so confidently. he should have got into the top 10 (if it was a singing contest that is) closing quote
Rebecca, 14, Birmingham

opening quoteI wasn't too sure about James' performance even though it was 100 times better than last years, but I thought the Cyprus girl was fantastic-she was my favourite! closing quote
Sophie, 11, St Albans

opening quoteI feel the Ukraine entry was original and was quite good. However I feel we are wasting time every year watching this and organising it. This is because if I had a map I could easily work out who would win, the political voting is ridiculous and has ruined the Eurovision. closing quote
Lewis, 13, Edinburgh

opening quoteI think that we did quite well and should have done better than what we did people don't always vote for the song they just sometimes vote for their neighbours closing quote
Laura, 11, Sheffield

opening quoteI think it is a definite improvement from last year 'nil points'! So well done James, 16th place is very respectable. closing quote
Anya, 12, Manchester

opening quoteErm, well I reckon he should have got more points, at least he didn't show himself and England up! closing quote
Kelly, 10, Basildon

opening quoteI only watched the results of Eurovision, but I had seen the Video for James Fox, and I think it should have done a whole lot better closing quote
James, 12, Hereford

opening quoteJames was brilliant, and should have got more votes. The voting was so stupid though. The countries voted for all the countries around them. (did anyone notice this?). People voted for people because they wanted to stay on their good side. I think it's stupid that politics has been caught up in a singing contest. closing quote
Joanna, 13, Zoetermeer (NL)

opening quotewe won!! Wooooooohoooooo!!! We r the best!!!!! But the other people did well, I thought the UK singer should have done better closing quote
Samily, 12, Ukraine

opening quoteUkraine were OK. It's good that they won. I think James Fox could have done better, as long as he did better than Jemini last year closing quote
Jamie, 12, Motherwell

opening quoteThe Eurovision song contest was so boring and the music was awful. it was so cheesy closing quote
Lucy, 14. Guildford

opening quoteI think the reason we didn't do as good was because our entry wasn't cheesy like the others!! closing quote
Lucy, 12, Wales

opening quoteI thought he was amazin, we should have done much better. I think it's because of the war in Iraq that we didn't do very well and because most of the countries voted for their neighbours!! closing quote
Bethan,15, Cardiff

opening quoteI totally agree with Philippa. He deserved to do much better! closing quote
Leona, 11, Macduf

opening quoteOh my God! It's such a fiddle! The countries always vote for their neighbours! Nearly all the songs were cheesy apart from ours but they never vote for us! We should of won. closing quote
Louise, 13, Woking

opening quoteJames deserved better than he got. He was better than a lot of the other entries. And Lisa was amazing for someone so young. But the Ukraine deserved to win. They really put on a show. It was so cool! closing quote
Tammy, 15, Oxford

opening quoteJames done really well, but it was a political voting and it should be how good the song was and the person not who ur fave country is. closing quote
Gemma, 15, Kings Lynn

opening quoteDidn't watch it, it's always a load of rubbish! closing quote
Bec, 14, Kent

opening quoteI'm sorry, but I LOVED Ukraine's performance!! James deserved to do a bit better, but Ukraine definitely deserved to win. closing quote
Sabrina, 14, Manchester

opening quoteI thought the 16 year old from Cyprus should have won. In fact she should have been singing for the UK! James was good but really it doesn't matter about the song or the singer because the voting is all political. We could have had an amazing singer with the best song & we still wouldn't have won! closing quote
Kirsty, 14, Edinburgh

opening quoteI can't believe that girl won! She was rubbish! I didn't think James deserved to win but I at least thought he would do much better. I think people don't vote for England because of what happened over the war with Iraq. I don't see how it turns out so political, it's only a song contest. closing quote
Anna, 12, Manchester

opening quoteHe could sing really well but the song he sung was an awful one!! closing quote
Caroline, 12, Tadley

opening quoteJames was totally ace last night ! I blame the penguins ! closing quote
Paul, 14, Aberdeen

opening quoteHow did Serbia and Montenegro get so many votes> It's crazy! closing quote
Dipen, 11, Waterlooville

opening quoteThe people who won were rubbish! Wild dancing indeed. I thought the Netherlands should have won closing quote
Sarah, 11, NI

opening quoteEnjoyable show - but the voting ruins it all. Political voting, neighbours giving each other 12 points and we end up with the most unexpected winner!! Terry Wogan is the only reason for tuning in!! Well done anyhow to Lisa Andreas - she brought some pride back to England with her performance closing quote
Ryan, 15, Enniskillen

opening quoteI thought he deserved a much higher place all the other entries were terrible. The only decent one was James and did u notice like everyone was giving rubbish songs like 12 points? What's the world come to?? closing quote
Hannah, 13, Gloucester

opening quoteIt was so obvious that all the voting was political that's why we got no points last year because we had just gone to war and no one liked it. closing quote
Rosie, 14, Didcot

opening quoteI don't think James Fox was very good, but Wild dance was brill!!! closing quote
Lucy, 11, London

opening quoteJames deserved sooo much better! Songs which I thought were rubbish got the highest votes! I think the whole thing is fixed! closing quote
Rachel, 13, Newcastle

opening quoteI thought James was fab. He deserved to do so much better. closing quote
Philippa, 12, Swindon

More InfoBORDER=0
MusicNR chats to James Fox
ChatChat on the pop board
WinWin the official Eurovision album
QuizTry the Eurovision quiz

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Eurovision vote mistakes sorted
More singers win Eurovision spots
Fame Academy James for Eurovision

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Who influences you the most? Vote: who influences you the most?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Rings Slider Challenge Play our tricky Rings Slider game!
Guides A-Z
A clickable list of all our guides
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club