Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Your reaction to Wayne Rooney's transfer
Updated 02 September 2004, 19.14
Wayne Rooney is to be bought by Manchester United
After much speculation it has been reported that Manchester United and Everton have agreed a transfer fee for Wayne Rooney.

So what's your reaction to the young football star's career move?

Do you think it's shrewd - or rude?!

Perhaps you're an Everton fan who's gutted he's going...

Or a Man Utd fan who's chuffed to bits!

Whatever you think, e-mail and let us know!

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteI'm an Everton supporter and I can't believe Rooney's gone I thought his dream was to play for Everton not Man U.closing quote
Alex, 11, Liverpool

opening quoteRooney is overrated, Alan Smith will be of more value to them this season.closing quote
Luke, 14, London

opening quoteI think it's great he's moved. He is a great striker and has lots of potential in him!closing quote
Stephen, 11, Manchester

opening quoteManchester United have been my favourite team since I was 7. Although, recently, we have been playing really bad football. We could do with a good player to lighten up the atmosphere, now that Becks has gone.closing quote
Sarah, 11, Kidderminster

opening quoteI think it's stupid! Like he said he will always be a blue! Didn't last long did it? It really is PATHETIC!closing quote
Sonya, 14, Liverpool

opening quoteI think it's stupid to pay 25million for a football player - a million pounds is a lot of money for me or you, but 25 times that for a career - it's crazy.closing quote
Alice, 11, Coulsdon

opening quoteI'm a massive Man U fan and I'm really glad that Rooney has gone to Manchester United. Not long ago I bought the new Manchester United home shirt with Ronaldo 7 on it. I regret it now because I should've waited to buy the Rooney one. I wonder if he will be as good as Alan Smith at Man U.closing quote
Simon, 14, Birmingham

opening quoteI'm a huge Utd fan, and I don't think Utd should have bought Rooney. They've already got good strikers like Van Nistleroy, Smith, Saha, and they'll end up not getting games now, and they'll leave. Anyway, Scoles and Giggs can also play up front, so I don't see the point!closing quote
Emma, 14, Manchester

opening quoteIt doesn't really matter for me because I don't like or watch football! What is all the fuss about? closing quote
Zoe, 13, Dundee

opening quoteI'm glad Rooney went to Man U he's such a good player it gives him more of a chance to show of his skills closing quote
Lauren, 14, Ipswich

opening quoteI think it is a really good bargain for an 18-year-old, he has some special talent and we'll buy a decent striker.closing quote
Michael, 12, Haverhill

opening quoteI'm a Man Utd hater and an Everton lover - I'm gutted Rooney's gone - he was my fave player.closing quote
Jamie, 14, Rotherham

opening quoteOne minute he says he is a true blue next minute he is off to United.closing quote
Ashleigh, 12, Hebburn

opening quoteIt is about time Rooney moved on, he wasn't playing the quality football he can at Everton because he didn't have quality players around him. All that will change at United, he will mature into a much better player with Sir Alex's guidance, so bring on those defenders eh Wayne!closing quote
Alan, 15, Woodley

opening quoteWell he played great in the Euro 2004, and he deserves to be in United. He should be the new Beckham.closing quote
Katie, 13, Manchester

opening quoteI think it would be good for him to play for United because he is so good.closing quote
David, 10, Croydon

opening quoteI do not think Rooney should have gone to Manchester at all because he has been at Everton so long.closing quote
Sophie, 11, Stoke-on-Trent

opening quoteI think it's great! I'm a massive Man U fan, so I'm glad Rooney is coming to us! Come on Rooney!closing quote
Kerry, 14, York

opening quoteI am a massive Man Utd fan and couldn't be more happier that such an ace player is joining the team!closing quote
Debby, 15, Manchester

opening quoteIt's definitely a good move for him. Rooney will be playing for one of the biggest clubs in Europe alongside world class players. Man U now have Rooney and Ronaldo who both are the most talented teenagers in Europe. Good luck Rooney!!!closing quote
Hera, 15, London

opening quoteI think it's a really good move for Rooney, he showed everybody how well he could play during Euro 2004 and now he is getting his reward!closing quote
Rebecca, 13, Lancashire

opening quoteI couldn't care less. The only time I actually think about football is things like Euro 2004 'cos everyone is going on about it - it's SO BORING.closing quote
Emma, 13, Reading

opening quoteI think Manchester United are pathetic - they're not bothered about Rooney himself just whether they can say "Rooney - Man Ute." Newcastle would have considered his thoughts but they didn't really need a new striker. And I'll just say that it was wrong to fire Bobby Robson and I am deeply saddened.closing quote
Laura, 13, Newcastle

opening quoteI am a massive Man United fan and I think that Man U don't really need him, they are such a good team that it could just ruin lots of things, but even though he's a good player I think he will hopefully improve the team!closing quote
Nicole, 10, Birmingham

opening quoteWayne who?closing quote
Hazel, 13, Cambridge

opening quoteIt's a good move for him and the club. With Rooney alongside Van Nistelroy we are going to have an incredible strike force and he is going to playing much better football with us. I do however think 25 million was a bit too much to pay for an eighteen-year-old.closing quote
Claire, 15, Cannock

opening quoteI think that is a good move for him because at Man United there are lots of good players.closing quote
Andrew, 9, Newcastle

opening quoteI think it's brilliant that a transfer has been confirmed, I'm a Man U supporter and I'm so happy.closing quote
Phelim, 11, Guildford

opening quoteAs a Man Utd fan, I think we didn't really NEED him, we already have good strikers (such as Van Nistelroy and Smith) but then, he might be useful...closing quote
Jess, 14, London

opening quoteI don't think he should go. I am neither an Everton fan nor a United fan - I support Man City but I still think Rooney should stay at Everton because I couldn't stand it if United beat us because they had Rooney.closing quote
Natasha, 12, Manchester

opening quoteI don't know what all the fuss is about.closing quote
Daniel, 12, Newark

opening quoteI think that Wayne Rooney has made a good choice and will be an excellent addition to the already great Man United squad.closing quote
Charlotte, 13, Stevenage

opening quoteI don't think it's a good idea, I think it's a great idea because he is a brilliant player and needs to play for a club better than Everton.closing quote
Shahad, 14, Cardiff

opening quoteI think it is a great chance for him to show more of his talents!closing quote
Adeola, 12, Mitcham

opening quoteHe should have gone to Arsenal.closing quote
Joe, 12, Luton

opening quoteI'm sick of Man U always getting the really good players - maybe Liverpool or something but not Man U - I'm so sick of them they need a reality checkclosing quote
Becky, 14, Hull

opening quoteI think it's a good move for him - he's such a high profile player he needs to be in a more high profile club.closing quote
Nathan, 14, Leeds

More InfoBORDER=0
SportWho is Wayne Rooney?
ChatChat about football
VoteVote for your fave sports star
QuizTry the Wayne Rooney quiz

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Rooney requests Everton transfer
Top clubs compete to sign Rooney
United agree Rooney transfer deal
Everton reject 20m Rooney offer

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Who influences you the most? Vote: who influences you the most?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Rings Slider Challenge Play our tricky Rings Slider game!
Guides A-Z
A clickable list of all our guides
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club