Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Which movie monster is your fave?
Updated 06 April 2004, 18.29
Is King Kong the best movie monster ever?
A movie magazine has published a list of the top 10 movie monsters, and they reckon King Kong is the best of the bunch.

But is this over-sized gorilla really all that scary or can you name a better monster or baddie?

Did Randall send you running for cover in Monsters Inc.? Did Saruman in the Lord of the Rings give you the shivers? Or perhaps Voldemort, Harry Potter's arch-enemy, is the most vile of all?

Tell us what YOU think

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteThe Basilisk in Harry Potter. My 10 year old sister started crying!closing quote
Racch, 13, St Helens

opening quoteThe baddies in LOTR are easily the spookiest. Like just lookin' at em gives me the shivers!closing quote
Kristy, 11, Coventry

opening quoteI watched this film called Arachnophobia once about these awful deadly poisonous spiders! They seriously freaked me out. I had nightmares about them for ages.closing quote
Amy, 13, Worthing

opening quoteIt so has to be Voldemort. I know we haven't seen him in the film a fully grown wizard but he diffidently is scary.closing quote
Emily, 13, London

opening quoteI think Gollum from Lord of the Rings was awesome. They spent so much time working on him and they deserved to have so much credit for winning all those Oscars.closing quote
Jas, 13, Hertfordshire

opening quoteJaws. He left a generation scared to enter the sea! How cool can you get. Also the raptors from Jurassic Park scared me off my seat!closing quote
Grant, 14, London

opening quoteThe green goblin from Spiderman - he looks really frightening and Magneto from X-men - he's horrible!closing quote
Caitlin, 13, Hemel Hempstead

opening quoteOh my god, I can't believe no-one's mentioned the skeleton pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean! They totally freaked me out, especially Ragetti!closing quote
Jennifer, 10, Essex

opening quoteThe witches in erm well 'The Witches' when I first watched I was soooo freaked out. Actually I still do find them terrifying. closing quote
Alice, 14, Canterbury

opening quoteThe flying monkeys in wizard of oz scared me to death when I was little! But now it is probably the Dementors. It's just what they could do to you that scares me.closing quote
Charlie, 10, Barkingside

opening quoteI think the Gremlins are the best. They look dead funny!closing quote
Zoe, 10, Stafford

opening quoteThe child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang used to scare me! Now it's probably spiders! Or ghostly things like in The Others...that really freaked me out..closing quote
Marie, 15, UK

opening quoteI think most of the movie monsters are too fake looking to really be convincing, but if I had to go with some thing I would say the Hulk, because he was rather strange to other monsters.closing quote
Amandeep, 13, Hitchin

opening quoteI don't really get scared of Films. They are not real so why should you? I don't think there is an ultimate baddy cos none of them are that scary!closing quote
Eilidh, 11, Edinburgh

opening quoteSaruman did scare me in the 3rd Lord of the Rings movie, but Voldemort at the end of Goblet of Fire freaked me out! closing quote
Kavita, 12, London

opening quoteThe Dementors. It's the way a Dementor feeds on your happiness and can suck your soul out of your mouth! Plus I think a dragon of any kind is cool, especially the giant ones in Reign of Fire!closing quote
Laurence, 14, London

opening quoteI think that all the baddies in LOTR are the best. The Nazgul are brilliant and Christopher Lee is one of the best movie baddies ever. He's fantastic as Saruman! The Uruk-Hai are evil too, especially Lurtz!!!closing quote
Charlie, 14, The Wirral

opening quoteShelob the spider from Lord of the Rings was very very scary. Voldemort was just so bad it was funny!closing quote
Cat, 12, Glasgow

opening quoteI found the Orcs and the Ringwraiths scary. Shelob was the scariest in LOTRs movies. Shelob scared me to death - the way she attacks!!!!! (I am never watching that part in ROTK again) closing quote
Jane, 13, Paris, France

opening quoteWhen I was about four or five the witch in the Wizard of Oz movie scared me! I even ran out of the room when my brother watched it!closing quote
Gemma, 11, Ipswich

opening quoteI don't think King Kong should be the scariest baddy. I think it should definitely have been the orcs from Lord of the Rings! They were terrifying!closing quote
Claudia, 15, Leeds

opening quoteShelob from ROTK terrified me! I hate spiders, and she was so lifelike, it was horrible! and the wraiths are pretty scary as well!closing quote
Laura, 14, Kent

opening quoteI know this may sound silly but I think the evil queen from Snow White is the baddest. She's so mean and with her crow-like features it adds to the evilnessclosing quote
Sam, 15, London

opening quoteI think Scar in The Lion King is really evil. I hate the way he sets Simba up and destroys where they live. I'm pretty glad good overcomes evil.closing quote
Lisa, 15, Caerphilly

opening quoteI think definitely think all of the orcs in the Lord of the Rings. They were so spooky and horrible, just imagine meeting one of them on your way home from school!! Ahhh!closing quote
Elycia, 12, Stevenage

opening quoteThe flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz are terrifying. I love the movie but ever since I first saw the movie, age four, I've been terrified of them and had to hide behind a cushion!closing quote
Laura, 13, Southampton

opening quoteI think that the most terrifying monster is the spider in the return of the king LOTR. It really made me jump.closing quote
Rachel, 12, Harlow

opening quoteI cant stand the orcs in the Lord of the Ring. They are so scary looking! And the giant spider also in Lord of the Rings! It's really freaky!closing quote
Froggy, 10(almost 11), Harrodsburg

opening quoteThe Dementors from Harry Potter are about just as creepy as they can get. How many other monsters make you hear your worst nightmares right inside your head?closing quote
Loni, 12, London

opening quoteThat monster right at the start of Monster's Inc. SO funny!!closing quote
Jemima, 13, London

opening quoteShelob from Lord of the Rings is the best by far. She looked so realistic and you actually think she is going to jump out at you from the screen.closing quote
Siobhan, 15, London

opening quoteI think that the scariest baddie is 'the bug' in Men in Black it made me feel sick as well as scared!closing quote
Mel, 13, Yorkshire

opening quoteYes, I agree the Ringwraiths are really scary, but I think that the eye of Sauron is pretty frightening too!closing quote
Clarisse, 13, Tarbes, France

opening quoteI reckon baddies don't come much worse than the wraiths in Lord of the Rings. They terrified me!closing quote
Kate, 12, Romford

More InfoBORDER=0
ChatChat about films

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Tolkien's Orcs make it into dictionary
I met a Doctor Who monster

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Who influences you the most? Vote: who influences you the most?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Rings Slider Challenge Play our tricky Rings Slider game!
Guides A-Z
A clickable list of all our guides
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club