Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Can Westlife survive without Bryan?
Updated 12 March 2004, 18.27

Bryan has announced to the press that he is to split from Westlife!

After 13 number one hits since they first topped the chart in 1999, the band will be a fivesome no more...

So, how do YOU feel about this? Are you in shock?

Do you think there is life for Westlife after Bryan?

Or do you think this is the beginning of the end for the band?

After five years and no more Bryan, will splitting up completely be the Obvious thing to do?

However you're feeling about this, e-mail and let us know.

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteWell I've never really liked Westlife but I never thought they would split up. I was shocked when I found out about Bryan leaving. I agree with Jenny, they won't survive after losing the best member.closing quote
Elsie, 14, Chepstow

opening quoteI think that Westlife would be around only by the support of their fans and at this particular moment they need us even more. I have been a massive Westlife fan for 6 years and have been to all of their concerts. I wish the best of luck to the remaining lads.closing quote
Kay, 13, Notts

opening quoteI just cried when I heard. I can't believe it - I am going to see them live next month but it won't be the same without Bryan. I don't think they will last long now, but I wish them all the best.closing quote
Louise, 15, Bradford

opening quoteI think it can be good and bad for Westlife because they might have problems without him but it might be ok because they still have the rest of them and as Bryan said, they were all best friendsclosing quote
Charlie, 11, London

opening quoteI loved him from the first time that the band started and I think that Westlife will go on without him cause they are strong enough to do that and I wish Bryan all the luck even though I am upset and stuff but it won't change. I just wish all the luck for Bryan and Westlife I love you loads forever and you are now a part of history no matter what anyone says.closing quote
Aysha, 13, Lancaster

opening quoteI'm not a big Westlife fan but I've always liked Bryan the best and I feel sorry for the Westlife fans and also it's great for him to spend more time with his family. Kerry Rocks!closing quote
Hadeel, 13, London

opening quoteI think that it is really sad that Bryan is leaving as people saw them as five Irish lads who were very talented at singing and I don't think Westlife will be the same or the best without Bryan. Bryan was my favourite and he made so much. I'll miss Bryan!!closing quote
Zainab, 13, Batley

opening quoteAs far as Bryan is concerned I think he is doing the right thing for him so good luck Bryan! They are Irish and we are very proud of them and I know they are proud to be Irish!closing quote
Orla, 12, Dublin

opening quoteI think this is one down and some more to follow in Bryan's footsteps. It will not be long untill Westlife are not so big and new bands will take their place. I hope Bryan has a great time with his family!!closing quote
Katie, 12, Liverpool

opening quoteI am so glad that Bryan is leaving. With a bit of luck Westlife might split up!!closing quote
Hayley, 15, Littlehampton

opening quoteI can't believe he has left. I don't think that Westlife will survive this - I hope they will but Bryan was soooo funny. I was and still will be Westlife loyal fan to the end!closing quote
Natalie, 15, Colchester

opening quoteI think it is really sad as he was my fave member of the band. I think that Westlife will not be the same without him. I cried for 2 hours.closing quote
Claire, 10, Glasgow

opening quoteI think a member leaving a band is a huge difficulty for the rest of the members, I'm not sure if Westlife can handle the pressure.closing quote
Rebecca, 11, Liverpool

opening quoteI think it's great that Bryan is leaving because hopefully they will now split up. The world will be a much better place without all those awful slushy cover singles.closing quote
Emma, 15, Kidderminster

opening quoteI think Bryan has done the wrong thing. I think he should come back and be a member of Westlife.closing quote
Tiffany, 11, Somerset

opening quoteI really don't see what all the fuss is about. After all, it's only music!closing quote
Martin, 14, Taunton

opening quoteMy friend Emily and I both cried when we found out! Even if the band do stay together we will no longer be fans, because it was Bryan who made Westlife special for us and he has gone. I think the band will be less successful now but will try to carry on. I'm going to keep my posters of Bryan up on my wall even though he isn't in the band, I will still be his number one fan!closing quote
Jennie, 14, Devizes

opening quoteI am devastated that Bryan has left Westlife. It won't be the same without him but he needs to be there for his family. I will support the guys for as long as they last! Good Luck Westlife! C uz on Saturday 17th April at Glasgow!closing quote
Donna, 14, Dumfries

opening quoteI'm so gutted about Bryan leaving, he was what made Westlife so special for me, I don't know what I will do now he's gone. He should still do the tour though, I've got tickets and really want to see him one last time! Whatever happens, I will go on supporting them.closing quote
Shaun, 15, Leeds

opening quoteI think that Westlife will be lucky to last another month. I mean look at the past, when Paul left S club they split up, when Geri left the Spice Girls they split up, it's just the past all over again. closing quote
Charlie, 10, Goring-by-sea

opening quoteI think Bryan was the best member of the band and they won't last very long with out himclosing quote
Callum, 11, Blackburn

opening quoteI'm surprised that the band has lasted so long. I mean six years, they've had a good run but I think it's time for a change.closing quote
Emma, 14, Hemel Hempstead

opening quoteWestlife are the best!! I just hope that they carry on and that people continue to support them. Good luck to all of them.closing quote
Sam, 15, Brighton

opening quoteWestlife will live on and carry on being successful. All the fans who don't think this aren't true fans coz you should stick with your fave band through thick and thin. Like what Shane said, if ever they needed fans to help them, now is the time they need them the most. I am going to the forthcoming tour and can't wait to see them - even if they are a foursome!closing quote
Lucile, 14, Manchester

opening quoteBryan was the fun one out the five, he could have stayed on until the end of this year's tour as I'm going. It is a big shame and the concert won't be the same. But I hope he will be happy. I would be surprised if they carry on but let's hope they do. Shane is so gorg and nothing else could go wrong with Shane there!closing quote
Michelle, 12, Derbyshire

opening quoteI am one of Westlife's BIGGEST fans and I am really upset that Bryan is leaving but I will still love them all.closing quote
Julia, 12, Redcar

opening quoteI don't think that Westlife will stay together because Geri left the Spice Girls and they split up, Paul left S Club and they split up, it's just history repeating itself.closing quote
Emily, 13, Swadlincote

opening quoteI think that Westlife won't do well without Bryan but I wish them all the best and will continue supporting them. Bryan should spend more time with his family.closing quote
Jenna, 13, Derby

opening quoteI'm a big Westlife fan and have been for 6 years. I'm still a big fan and I wouldn't want to sell my tickets because there's still four more people in the group. I just wish Bryan would do the tour because it won't be the same without him. All the best to Bryan, Shane, Mark, Nicky and Kianclosing quote
Lauren, 13, Hull

opening quoteI don't think Westlife are best staying together because if one goes it would look and sound like a different band!!closing quote
Laura, 13, Blackburn

opening quoteI cried soo much today!! I hope the remaining lads will continue being as successful as they were!!! Westlife rock and we love you!!closing quote
Danica, 14, Malta

opening quoteI think that it is sad to see Bryan leaving because he is a great singer, but it is understandable that he would like to spend more time with his family. Also the gorgeous Kerry has just won I'm a celebrity so she'll give him a lot of support which is good. So I wish him good luck in future!closing quote
Frankie, 11, London

opening quoteI think that it is rubbish that Bryan is leaving because you need all 5 of them to complete the one and only Westlife and they are my fave band ever!closing quote
Anna, 11, Glasgow

opening quoteI'm devastated but not surprised to hear that Bryan's left Westlife. I doubt that Westlife will carry on with the same success and popularity without him, however they have had a great career, much more than most bands could ever hope for so maybe it's time for them all to call it a day. Good luck lads!closing quote
Stephanie, 15, Lancaster

opening quoteIf they are a strong band they will survive, but I think that they will fall apart like Hear Say.closing quote
Rose, 12, Petworth

opening quoteI can't believe that Brian has left! He made the band the best but I still think they can survive, I hope!closing quote
Rachel, 15, Cambridgeshire

opening quoteI will miss Bryan out of Westlife as he is the funniest person in the group. I really hope the rest of the band will carry on. But it will not be the same without Bryan - all the best for him I will miss him lots.closing quote
Chloe, 14, Aberdeenshire

opening quoteI am so sorry he is leaving Westlife. It won't be the same without him. I am a big Westlife fan and I will carry on supporting Bryan and Westlife. Love you all forever!closing quote
Nikki, 13, Manchester

opening quoteI think it will be different to see Westlife without Bryan but I think he spend more time with his family.closing quote
Samantha, 15, York

opening quoteI will be sorry to see Bryan go as he is a very good singer. And I hope to see Westlife continue their career and wish Bryan all the luck.closing quote
Sarah, 15, Netherlands

opening quoteI think this is like the end of Westlife. They can't live on without anyone of them. There are many examples in the past - they are all strong together. But once one of them goes off, the whole thing falls apart.closing quote
Amy, 13

opening quoteI am really upset about Bryan leaving, he was my favourite member of the group and I am really upset. I think he should do the tour because otherwise people will want their money back including me!closing quote
Lucy, 16, Manchester

opening quoteI am really gutted that Bryan has left. The band won't be the same because he was the one that was full of energy and kept everyone amused. No one will be able to replace him! I hope to see Westlife do well and I would like to wish Bryan all the luck in the world.closing quote
Danielle, 13, Belfast

opening quoteI am really sad to see Bryan leave especially since they have been doing so well! I just hope he's happy whatever he chooses to do next! WESTLIFE LIVE ON!closing quote
Amy, 13, Belfast

opening quoteBryan was always the fun, lively one which made the fans laugh. Although they are a good band with excellent vocals, I don't think they can make it as a foursome. Also, I don't think it's right that he has left the band now when people have bought tickets for the forthcoming tour and he won't be there.closing quote
Anna, 17, Blackpool

opening quoteWell as Bryan was my fave member of the band I'm gutted. And I don't think they'll be able to continue for long without him - no bands ever survive losing their best one.closing quote
Jenny, 14, Rochdale

More InfoBORDER=0
MusicWestlife say goodbye to Bryan
Music'Kian was crying and eveyone was shocked'
MusicLook back at Westlife's career
PicturesPix: Westlife on stage and off duty
VoteVote: What should Bryan Westlife do next?
QuizTake the Westlife quiz
ClubI met Westlife!

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Bryan quits but Westlife live on
Bryan marries Queen of his heart
Westlife scoop Record of the Year
Westlife: we're not splitting up
How to cope if your fave band splits

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Who influences you the most? Vote: who influences you the most?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Win a Haunted Mansion goody bag!
Play Rings Slider Challenge Play our tricky Rings Slider game!
Guides A-Z
A clickable list of all our guides
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club