Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What are your pop predictions for 2004?
Updated 09 January 2004, 18.50
New act Mcfly
In the year ahead, a new generation of pop and rock acts will be pushing for a piece of the action in the charts.

With new acts like Mcfly and Joss Stone hot on the heels of our old favourites like Busted and Britney who d'you tip for success in 2004?

And with rumours about Busted splitting up and Jenny Kitten going solo who do you think has had their day?

Whatever your predictions for 2004, e-mail and let us know!

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteWestlife are gonna make a come back! Watch out Busted - Westlife will be bigger than you!closing quote
Laura, 14, Scotland

opening quoteI think Mcfly are gonna be huge but there will be Air Hostess from Busted coming out...I can't wait to see who will win.closing quote
Lois, 12, London

opening quoteWhat's the obsession with Mcfly? I like Busted because they were different but now loads of bands will sound just like them... GET YA OWN MUSIC AND STOP COPYING BUSTED!closing quote
Lucy, 14, Burnley

opening quoteWell, I think Beyonce, Rachel Stevens, Delta Goodrem, SClub 8, Atomic Kitten and Avril will be big this 2004 and Busted, Fast Food Rockers, Stereophonics and all rubbish Rock/Pop will disappear into the horrible dump. closing quote
Jennifer, 9, Forres

opening quoteI think Busted, Mcfly, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce and Michelle will be big in 2004. Alex, Gareth, Rachel S and Cheeky Girls/ Fast Food Rockers will disappear.closing quote
Zoe, 11, Glasgow

opening quoteIf Mcfly's album is as good as Busted's they will rule together. But Busted are better, Mcfly will not take over Busted.closing quote
Courtney, 13, Belfast

opening quoteThis year is the year for hip hop. I think rock will take the charts by storm but I also think that 50cent, Lloyd Banks (and rest of G unit), Obie and all the rappers out there are going to make a huge impact. Pop (Rachel Stevens, Gareth, Busted) is not going to be as big. This is rap's year - 2003 was a start off, 2004 is going to be the take off.closing quote
Jess, 12, Bristol

opening quoteWell I hope and think that Mcfly will be very big this year, but that Busted stays this good!!They're GREAT!! and I also hope that Gareth Gates will get a lot of hits this year! He is fantastic too!closing quote
Nikki, 15, Holland

opening quoteWell, last year 50cent was big in music and now this time it's going to be G-Unit!!! So watch out!closing quote
Amrit, 12 Birmingham

opening quoteI think everyone will love pop music this year. I think Busted and Nickleback will do really well.closing quote
Mark, 13, Manchester

opening quoteI think that Gareth Gates will have a very bad year. (Hopefully!!!)closing quote
Beth, 14, Cardiff

opening quoteI hope Britney keeps making music! I love her stuff! Beyonce should put out some nice stuff too!closing quote
Chelsea, 14, Whitby

opening quoteI like the Darkness and everything but I think they are gonna get difficult second album syndrome.closing quote
Rosie, 14, Oxford

opening quoteI think 2004 will mark the return of more soulful style and jazz return such as Joss Stone and people like Jamie Cullum who are making big waves in the jazz scene instead of 'Rock-Pop' like Busted and Mcfly (what a stupid name by the way!)closing quote
Alex, 15, Bury St Edmunds

opening quoteI think it will be a good year for artists like Black Eye Peas, Pop Idol Michelle, Blue, Kylie and Westlife, but I have a feeling Gareth and Rachel Stevens will fall off the radar.closing quote
Josephine, 14, London

opening quoteI think this is the year for rock!! (well, every year is to me) all you dance music lovin' folk will all fade away an out will come the rock again!! I JUST NEED TO SAY, BUSTED AND AVRIL LAVIGNE ARE NOT ROCK!!! AND THEY NEVER WILL BE!!closing quote
Kelly, 13, UK

opening quoteI think Busted will be amazing this year, even more than last year !closing quote
Becky, 13, Derby

opening quoteI think Stacie Orrico and Britney are going to fade, and I think Busted will be really big and better than last year and I think Westlife will split.closing quote
Charlotte, 13, Liverpool

opening quoteI think this year most of the past Pop Idol, Fame Academy and Popstars hopefuls will completely fade out- including Michelle McManus. However, I think this year will be a huge year for Will Young and Delta Goodrem and a good one for Dido and Sugababes.closing quote
Sarah, 15, Chessington

opening quoteI reckon Blazin' Squad are gonna have an even better year than the last year, and will definitely get a few top 10 hits!closing quote
Becca, 14, Maidstone

opening quoteBusted will carry on being the best, Mcfly will do well. Alistair Griffin will be forgotten, Britney will fade away, Christina will change her clothes style again - along with her hair - Avril Lavigne's new album will sell really well. closing quote
Caroline, 11, Rugby

opening quoteBusted will be big, and there will be more bands that sound like them, like Mcfly.closing quote
Lilly, 13, Sackville

opening quoteI think that as long as the stars keep making good music, they will stay popular with their fans.closing quote
Charlotte, 14, Sevenoaks

opening quoteI think Busted are not going to do as well as they have done last year!closing quote
Georgina, 11, Harrogate

opening quoteI reckon Britney and Justin will still do well but Busted are just going to fade away.closing quote
Amber, 14, London

opening quoteI think to be honest Britney had lost her touch. She's even going to the extent of getting married to get noticed - she's attention seeking. With people like Stacie Oricco and Beyonce, she'll have to watch her step!closing quote
Sarah, 14, Bedfordshire

opening quoteBusted rule, and they will continue to rule 'cos they're great. I think Mcfly will be big as well, but not as big as Busted, although Busted are drifting away from us small teens!closing quote
Louisa, 15

opening quoteI think Mcfly are gonna rule 2004!closing quote
Natasha, 8, Hazel Grove

opening quoteI think it will be a good year for Pop Idol winner Michelle McManus. Hopefully Sam Nixon, Will Young and Busted will remain popularclosing quote
Laura, 15, Leyland

opening quoteI think Busted will stay big, hopefully Sugababes will do well, as well as Will Young. I don't think Gareth will last.closing quote
Leah, 14, Warwick

opening quoteI think that Busted will split! I HATE Busted! so I hope they will split! I think that the sugababes will be big this year and Dido.closing quote
Caitlin, 13, Hemel Hempstead

opening quoteI think that Busted will remain huge, Alistair Griffin will fade out, and foreign pop will do well, like America's Justin Timberlake and Nick Carter. But I'll always be a rocker!closing quote
Em, 14, Louiseville

opening quoteBusted will still rule!! But Mcfly are gonna be big too!closing quote
Mary, 13, Slough

opening quoteI think this year is going to be a big year for Delta, Will and the Sugababes but a bad year for Gareth and Rachel Stevens!closing quote
Hadeel, 13, London

opening quotePop will fail and Rock will RULE THE WORLD! I wish... If pop keeps going then I at least hope Busted break up.closing quote
Imogen, 13, Isle of Wight

opening quoteI think Mcfly will overtake Busted as their novelty will get a new craze going.closing quote
James, 12, Stoke on Trent

More InfoBORDER=0
PicturesShowbiz pix for 2003
ChatChat about Pop
VoteVote for fave Rock act
VoteVote for fave Pop star

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
British teen wows US music scene
Busted boys win CBBC viewer vote
Who will be big in 2004?
Michelle is voted your Pop Idol

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club