Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What makes you lucky?
Updated 07 January 2004, 18.47

Researchers have found that lucky charms DO work.

But what makes you lucky?

Do you have a lucky pair of socks you have to wear during a football match?

Or maybe you have a mascot you take into exams with you?

Is there a special number you always pick?

Whatever your story, e-mail and let us know - especially if your lucky charm works!

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteLucky charms don't work. People believing they do work are more upbeat so they feel lucky, so in a weird way they are. But superstition is stupid.closing quote
Imogen,13, Isle of Wight,

opening quoteI've got a lucky charm - it's a blue teddy bear which I call snitch.closing quote
Hayley, 15

opening quoteI'm lucky because I have great best friends and family.closing quote
Charlotte, 14, Sevenoaks

opening quoteI don't have any lucky things but my dad has a lucky baseball cap. When we were at Disneyworld everyone figured we were from Chicago and it got us on a ride twice that had a 40 minute wait.closing quote
Jasmine, 10, USA

opening quoteI'm a generally lucky person. I'm always finding out I've won stuff that I'd forgotten about. I enter competitions and forget about things and then get a phone call telling me I've won something or a parcel through the post!closing quote
Emily, 13, Bristol

opening quoteAnything to do with the number eight or a number that's in my birth date is lucky for me.closing quote
Rachel, 12, Haywards Heath

opening quoteI have a lucky charm and a lot of friends to support me when I am in need of some luck.closing quote
Henry, 13, Corsham

opening quoteI don't really have any lucky charms, but when I wake up, if I feel 'right' I know I'm going to have a good day.closing quote
Hazel, 12, Cambridge

opening quoteI feel lucky whenever my palm starts itching. I know it's really weird!closing quote
Addie, 15, US

opening quoteI have a necklace with a four leaf clover on it, which I think is pretty lucky, so I wear it all the time!!!closing quote
MJ, 14, Midlands

opening quoteEvery time I find a penny on the floor I pick it up and say "Find a penny pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck". Once I found a penny before school, said the rhyme and the next thing I was told school was cancelled.closing quote
Charlotte, 12, Stevenage

opening quoteI have a lucky stone that I take to tests with me. Whenever the date is 22nd it is a lucky day because my brother, friend and I all have birthdays on the 22nd! Friday 13th is lucky for me too because it was when my Gran was born!closing quote
Emily, 12, Surrey

opening quoteThe number 7 is lucky for me!closing quote
Mark, 11, Middlewich

opening quoteEvery time I put my goalie gloves behind the correct post (depending what the goal is made up from) before a match the defence do a good job for me when I go in goal!closing quote
Ben, 14, UK

opening quoteWhenever I wear my lucky charms on my necklace I always have good luck for that day and it hasn't failed once.closing quote
Annie, 12, Bulkington

opening quoteWhen I was taking my KS2 SATS, my Dad snuck into my bag one of my little cuddly dogs! I think the dog is lucky for me, considering I got the best English mark in my year! closing quote
Gilly, 11, Harrow

opening quoteIf I say the number 19 I'm lucky. I try it all the time and it works.closing quote
Sara, 12, London

opening quoteI have a tiny real four leaf clover - I found it a couple of summers ago in the park!closing quote
Toni, 15, Kent

opening quoteIf I see the number 117 at any time of the day, I know it's going to be lucky!! One time I went swimming, and my locker number was 117. Inside was a 1 coin that someone had forgotten!!closing quote
Sarah, 15, Lancashire

opening quoteThis is really weird but it's always worked for me...having a lump of blu tac! I just have it to hold and squeeze for times like exmas and when I'm in need of some help!closing quote
Ryan, 14, Enniskillen

opening quoteIf I kiss my cat 20 times after midnight, I know I'm going to have a lucky day the next day!closing quote
Kenny, 14, Coventry

opening quoteI've got 4 lucky numbers. They are 12, 34, 64 and 72. If on a race I have a starting number with two of those numbers, then I know that the race will go well.closing quote
Jana, 12, Bath

opening quoteI have a gap in my tooth which makes you lucky and I'm also born in the year of Dragon which makes you extremly lucky as well.closing quote
Lizzie, 15, Kent

opening quoteI'm not that superstitious, so I don't really have any lucky charms or anything. I'm very accident prone though, and if I have a day where not much goes wrong, I choose something from that day, like the perfume I wore or something and see if it's lucky for me again. Every single time I've done this, it's never worked!closing quote
Kate, 13, Aylesbury

opening quoteI always take a picture of my dog to tests for good luck.closing quote
Billi-Jo, 12, Bexley

opening quoteIf I sneeze three times before I've had breakfast I know I'm going to have a lucky day!closing quote
Emily, 12, Brighton

More InfoBORDER=0
ChatAre you superstitious?
QuizTry our UNlucky quiz

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Cheer up and be lucky in life!
'Lucky' white elephant for Burma
Guinea pig scampers all over town

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club