Sci/Tech
 Weather
 Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What's your verdict on the Azkaban trailer?
Updated 17 November 2003, 11.36
Sirius
Eight months before the film is due to be released, Warner Bros has given Potter fans a tantalising taste of Prisoner Of Azkaban.

A trailer has been released showing us how the Potter 3 movie has shaped up.

We get a peek at a slimy Dementor's hand, a scary-looking Sirius and an inflatable Aunt Marge.

A new director - Alfonso Cuaron - is at the helm for this film.

Here's your chance to tell us whether you think he's done a good job.

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteI think it's great! The music's fantastic. I think the new director is doing a much better job than Columbus. I didn't imagine Black to be like that though! I can't wait til the summer. Malfoy's hair looks way better!closing quote
Lauzzie, 13, Worcester

opening quoteI think the trailer looks absolutely amazing. Daniel looks so cool with his new kind of hair. But what has happened with Malfoy's, he doesn't look as evil as he should. The choir is really good as well, it makes the film seem a lot more scarier and darker. I'm so excited, I can't wait til June 4th, I want it to be out now!!!closing quote
Amy, 13, Chester-le-Street

opening quoteI love the trailer. the film looks excellent, but what's with the choir? There wasn't one in the book. I love Draco's new haircut, it looks lush, better than before, most definitelyclosing quote
Philipa, 14, Bristol

opening quoteIt was fantastic I really enjoyed it. I can't wait until June now. It looks better than the first two films. I don't remember a choir but I suppose that's one of Alfonso's great changes! The Dementor was exactly how I imagined them and it was really creepy. And Dan seems to get even more gorgeous every day!closing quote
Nicola, 14, Wednesbury

opening quoteI think the trailer was brilliant!!!! But I don't remember there being a choir in the book, so i'll have to read it again to get clued up. Does anyone know who those two people were standing by the gate was it Harry and Ron waiting for Sirius? if any one can answer my question then please reply to me. I thought that Malfoy's hair was stupid, because his hair has always been his trademark in the books why change it?!? The dementor was really scary!!! I can't wait until June!!!!! I also heard that there was going to be no quidditch in this film but there is in the book so why not!closing quote
Belinda, 15, Llanbradach

opening quoteI saw the trailer and I was stunned what I saw. The choir makes it feel scarier and even darker and it shows how they get older. It is even more scary. Snape was funny as Neville's gran and Aunt Marge blown up. Can't wait till the movieclosing quote
James, 14, Wiltshire

opening quoteI think it looks amazing! What's up with the whole oragami bird thing? I thought that was pretty sweet! Can't wait until June 4!closing quote
Camilla, 14, USA

opening quoteI'm sorry to say, but that looks like a horrible movie. Daniel Radcliff is such a horrible actor it's not even funny. That song was cheesy to say the least, and I'll just wait for it to come on VHS/DVD before I diss it any further.closing quote
Justin 13, Calgary

opening quoteWow I didn't think it was going to be that good.closing quote
Freddy, 13, Norwich

opening quoteIt looks great, especially the dementors hand. I don't like Draco's hair and I have been told they won't be in uniform for most of the film and I think that they should debut other than that it's great. Can't wait to see it!!closing quote
Victoria, 15, Harpenden

opening quoteI think it looks really good it looks and the actors have gone much older. I think it is a shame it is coming out on June the 4th next year -it's ages.closing quote
Rachel, 9, LLandudno

opening quoteAll I can say is here's the famous 'choir-with-giant-frogs-under-arms' scene that we've been looking forward to. It's Harry Potter meets Macbeth! I don't really like Alfonso especially the stupid changes he has made to this film to how JK put it in the book.closing quote
Elaine, 15, Dudley

opening quoteI love all the Harry Potter books but I think the 3rd trailer was terrible. I thought the 3rd book was the best book but the movie looks bad. The people singing were really weird and I thought aunt Marge looked like an overblown balloon. I don't think it will turn out very good. closing quote
Joanne, 12, Aberdeen

opening quoteI have been thinking about this film for such a long time and I think I wouldn't be disappointed! The first two films, I wasn't very happy because they missed SO much out, but I don't think the 3rd one has. In the cinema last year, I sat saying, "They missed this, they missed that" I couldn't help it! I don't mind waiting til June coz we get the 6th book and the movie at the same time!closing quote
Intisar, 15, London

opening quoteIts very WELL DONE! Awesome! Very creepy. Love the new robes. Alfonso Cauron did a very good for his first Harry Potter movie. Brilliant. Very spooky and much much better. The singing is....different, but kind of cool. Great job! I can NOT wait.closing quote
Kristina, 12, USA

opening quoteI think the trailer is so well put together, the slightly creepy choir music makes it flow so well, and the sinister, dark tone is clearly going to be a major feature in the story this time around. I think your opinion of this movie will depend on whether you want a movie that is a carbon copy of the book, or if you're excited by seeing another person's take on different aspects.closing quote
Bry, 15, Oxford

opening quoteIt's completely wicked, awesome!! I can see how good a grasp Cuaron has on the idea. It's amazing!!!closing quote
Kristen, 11, St Joe

opening quoteAre you kidding? It's excellent! Previously the films have been more designed for little kids but now I think this film is more aimed for twelve year olds than seven year olds. It's great!!!closing quote
Kayley-Ann, 13, USA

opening quoteIt looks a bit more scary than the others but what do you expect when every book gets darker? I'd better get down to reading the book again!closing quote
Anika, 14, Leicester

opening quoteNo director could make a Harry Potter film look like it should so he just did different from the other directors so what's wrong about that?closing quote
Jennifer, 10, Hove

opening quoteI don't really know what to think until I've actually seen the movie itself! The 'informal' style looks great and it looks as if it's going to be spookier and darker. Can't wait!closing quote
Andrew, 13, Glasgow

opening quoteThe movie looks rubbish! There is that weird choir and Sirius is nothing like what I expected him to be. The Dementor's hand wasn't scary and why are they wearomg modern clothes? Bad film, bad casting bu most of all bad director.closing quote
James, Beckenham

opening quoteSequels to films are usually never quite as good as the first one made, but I think that the third film of Harry Potter could be just as good or even better than the previous two films.closing quote
Amy, 13, Wales

opening quoteI think it's brillant, scary and very funny with the bit of Snape dressed up as Neville's gran! Bring it out sooner!closing quote
Louise, 15, Norwich

opening quoteIt looks so cool. I'm hyped up now. I can't wait to see the film. It looks so much more spooky.closing quote
Imogen, 11, Wolverhampton

opening quoteIt's great! The only problem is there's not very much Ron! closing quote
Jenny, 12, Surrey

opening quoteI think it looks more mature than the other films but Sirius Black is nothing like how I imagined him - he looks older. I think the new director will do well with it.closing quote
Ruth, 14, Ipswich

opening quoteI think Cuaron makes a much better director than cheesy Chris Columbus but perhaps because they are meant to be kid's films, Columbus' style was more appropriate. Anyway, I can't wait until June to go to the premiere and meet the stars! And Daniel Radcliffe is looking mighty fly.closing quote
Hannah, 15, Birmingham

opening quoteI think it looks wicked. Harry Potter is my favourite film and always will be. I think the way Daniel Radcliff plays Harry Potter, the only thing I can say is if number one and two were good. We've seen nothing yet.closing quote
Sorcha, 10, Romford

opening quoteI don't agree. I think that it looks terrible with the new director who apparently hasn't read the books. It was much better before!closing quote
Jessica, 12, Cardiff

opening quoteWow I think it looks fantastic, much better than the first two. It looks a lot darker aswell. I'll definitely go and see it.closing quote
Katie, 15, Caerphilly

opening quoteThe special effects are brilliant. Alfo Courson has done a really good job. I think this one is going to be spectacular and the songs fantastic. I'll be singing it for the next 8 months!closing quote
Gill, 14, outhport

opening quoteI liked the first films but I thought that they were made for little kids - but I think the PoA looks much better. It's just a shame it's not coming out for Christmas.closing quote
Paul, 15, Aberdeen

opening quoteI think it looked a bit poor, if you know what I mean. I don't think it will be as good as the first two. It's also a big disappointment 'cos it's being released in June.closing quote
Gabrielle, 12, Cardiff

opening quoteWhen I heard that they would be wearing modern clothes and might change Dumbledore's personality, I was worried. But seeing the trailer has really boosted my confidence in Cuaron.closing quote
James, 13, Ettrick

opening quoteIt looks fantastic, the new director has given the trailer a much darker feel to match the book, and the choir singing enhanced the dark feel even more. The only criticism I would make is Malfoy's new haircut.closing quote
Jonathan, 12, Cobham

opening quoteI think it looks much much better than the other two. I cant wait!closing quote
Kelly, 10, Basildon

opening quoteIt was ok I guess, but I have to say the singing was a bit cheesy, and I prefer the Chamber of Secrets trailer a bit more. Sinister? Not really...I thought the Dementor's hand was a tree branch! By the way, I'm not saying it's bad, it's just it could be better.closing quote
Judith, 14, Croydon

opening quoteI think Cauron totally messed up the whole movie. He said he wanted to make it more 'up to date', but it was set in the year 1993. Ten years ago. Why couldn't he have just let it stay in the past? It was fine when it wasnt 'up to date'.closing quote
Katie, 13, USA

opening quoteI thought it looked great. Seeing as it is being released so much later that the other two, it better be outstanding! This film looks really exciting and the casting is excellent!closing quote
Emily,13, Windsor

opening quoteIt looks fab! I like Aunt Marge inflating and I can't get the song out of my head!closing quote
Sophie, 11, Gosport

opening quoteI think the director has change a lot of the key features (clothes, Malfoy's hair) and those key things made Hogwarts what it was. So I don't think that this film will do well because it is nothing like the first two films.closing quote
Carolyn, 16, Holyhead

opening quoteOh my gosh it is SO cool! I didn't think it would be so cool at first because they didn't wear uniforms and there's no Quidditch but it looks awesome I can't wait! The singing is really weird though.closing quote
Kelsey, 12, USA

opening quoteit looks spooky! I hope it's as good as the book. From the few minutes I saw, so far so good!closing quote
Lily, 15, London

opening quoteI was disappointed with the first two movies but this one looks to be a lot better!! Hogsmeade looks really cool, with all the snow! The only problem I have is the singing - what is up with THAT?!?closing quote
Frances, 13, Newcastle

opening quoteIt's AMAZING, EXTRODINARY, AMUSING! was a bit worried when I saw still pics of the film before, that the new director would spoil the story line but it looks like he's just put in his touch! It seems much scarier than the first two.closing quote
Frog, 14, Cairo

opening quotethats not how i imagined the dementors at all. they did a good job of Sirius Black, though. it looks ok, but not super exciting like the first and second movies.closing quote
Bonnie, 14, Stellarton

opening quoteI think this film looks like it's going to be poor. Especially when you compare it to the new Lord of the Rings and the Matrix Revolutions.closing quote
James, 11, Southampton

opening quoteI reckon it's a bit too short to say too much about it, but I have to say, the singing is a bit weird.closing quote
Mabel, 13, Australia

opening quoteI think the trailer is awesome, and it has me even more excited to see the movie now!!closing quote
Kaleigh, 14, USA

opening quoteI was up at 2am this morning on the Warner Bros website waiting! It's so cool! It looks so spooky!! I can't wait until June! Snape looks wicked in Neville's gran's clothes!closing quote
Ryan, 14, Enniskillen

opening quoteIt's EXCELLLENT! Can't wait to see it! But the prob is that I have to wait one more month to see the movie coz the HP movies release a month later where I live.closing quote
Hamza, 10, Dubai

opening quoteWOW!!! It looks absolutely fantastic. To finally see the trailer is great. The dementor's hand coming round the door is more sinster than I imagined, and I know that it will give the effect wanted. Snape looking like Neville's Gran is really funny and made me laugh! Roll on POA! We'll be waiting!closing quote
Daz, 14, Birmingham

opening quoteThe trailer was so cool! I can't wait for 4th June, as I'm going to a cinema to watch it! It's gonna be SO COOL!closing quote
Sasha, 10

opening quoteI thought it was BRILLIANT! The Dementor's hand was really creepy. I can't wait for the movie! Eight more months to go...closing quote
Marissa, 13

opening quoteI really like the new Azkaban trailer, I think its much more intresting than the other ones. I've read the Azkaban book and I think it's the best out of the five books.closing quote
Hanna, 13, Chelmsford

opening quoteI think this one will be the best one yet because it looks much more excilting then the first one and I can't wait to see it.closing quote
Sophie, 11, Bournemouth

opening quoteThe film looks excellent. Too spooky to look. The part when Snape wore Neville's gran's clothes was funny!closing quote
Stuart, 10, Swansea

opening quoteI think it looks amazing. Much more spooky than the first two. I can't wait to see it!closing quote
Craig, 14, Portsmouth

More InfoBORDER=0
PicturesLatest Prisoner of Azkaban pix
PicturesNew pix from Prisoner of Azkaban!
Find OutHarry Potter
ChatHarry Potter - the films

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Potter author UK's richest woman
Potter audiobooks shatter record
Kids getting 'Hogwarts headaches'
New Potter ads target adult readers

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Harry Potter
Full section
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club