Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What's your fave book?
Updated 04 November 2003, 18.57
Scene from the LOTR films
JRR Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings is the runaway favourite to win a BBC poll to find our fave book.

Harry Potter and The Goblet Of Fire, Winnie The Pooh and The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe are also on "The Big Read" shortlist.

It's got us thinking about our fave books.

Maybe you're a big fan of modern writers like JK and Phillip Pullman.

Or maybe you like classic tales like Great Expectations and Little Women?

Perhaps you don't like fiction at all - preferring to stick to factual books.

Here's your chance to tell all about your fave books...

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteI love the Harry Potter books and I can't wait for the next one to come out. I was so excited when the fifth one came out I read it in two days.closing quote
Luke, 13, Ashford

opening quoteMy favorite book is the Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. That book opens your eyes to the types of things teenagers had to go through during the 50's, and many of the issues are still faced today. It gives you first-hand experience of a teenager who lived a hard life, and on the wrong side of the tracks. This book gives you a taste of reality, and what the real world is like. It amazed me how different some people perceive the world. This books is outstanding. closing quote
Tina, 15, USA

opening quoteI think my favourite is Hole. The book is great, everybody in my family has read it except my Dad! I have seen the film but it is not as good as the bookclosing quote
Natasha, 8, Hazel Grove

opening quoteMy favourite book is the Outsiders by S.E Hinton, it's the best!!! I also really enjoyed the third Harry Potter book and the LOTR's booksclosing quote
Charlotte, 14, Uxbridge

opening quoteI love the Princess Diaries!! They are brilliant books!! Harry Potter is great too! I really like Order of the Phoenix, though it took me forever to read!!closing quote
Clara, 10, Enniskillen

opening quote"Where the Sidewalk Ends" and "The Light in the Attic" are the greatest!! I like poems, but I LOVE Harry Potter too!closing quote
Kristen, 11, St. Joseph

opening quoteI have not got a fave book but my fave authors are Jacqueline Wilson, Roald Dahl, Eoin Coller & William Shakspere - we studied his Macbeth at school.closing quote
Sophie, 10, St. Agnes

opening quoteMy favourite books are the 'His Dark Materials' by Philip Pullman. I find the Hobbit and LOTR a bit boring.closing quote
Louise, 13, London

opening quoteMy fave books are the Harry Potter series, but I also like Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah - it's a really moving story.closing quote
Emily, 14, Midlands

opening quoteAcross The Nightingale Floor is the best in the world! It is about a boy called Takeo who is rescued from an evil war lord. He has special powers too, like being invisible, being at two places at once and other stuff.closing quote
Injae, 11, Sweden

opening quotePhillip Pullmans' His Dark Materials books are amazing! The last one (The Amber Spyglass) left my crying my eyes out at the end!! Also, they are really clever because most of the theories in them are based on real life scientific theories.closing quote
Jemima, 13, Swindon

opening quote"Bridge Of Birds" by Barry Hughart is THE FUNNIEST BOOK EVER!!! It's set in an ancient China that never was. It is beautifully written and you never want it to end. closing quote
Emma, 15, Victoria

opening quoteHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the greatest. JK Rowling has a true gift.closing quote
Chelsea, 14, Surrey

opening quoteI LOVE HARRY POTTER!!! I also love Jacqueline Wilson books, and when I was eight I used to LOVE the Babysitters Club books!closing quote
Lucie, 12, Winchester

opening quoteI love Mary Downing Hahn books. They're great mysteries to read. And they are exciting and tend to be very scary. If you want to read one start off with Wait till Helen comes, because it really rocks. If you like not so hard to read mysteries she the author for you.closing quote
Jasmine, 10, Chicago, USA

opening quoteLord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl all the way man!!!!!!! All of them are so well written that you can't help but love them!! LOTR and Artemis Fowl maybe be a little odd for some people but they just rock!! you can't help but get really into the story and I can not wait for the next HP and Artemis book!!closing quote
Maddy, 14, Wareham

opening quoteI love Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses. It has a great plot.closing quote
Beth, 14, Wirral

opening quoteMy fave is most definitely Harry Potter, but after that, I would have to say, probably, Holes. closing quote
Kristina, 12, USA

opening quoteLOTR! LOTR! Wait I think I forgot something ummm...LOTR!closing quote
Ellie, 13, Loughborough

opening quoteI love Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. It's really funny once you understand the funny way of speaking. closing quote
Helen, 15, Birmingham

opening quoteI love The Hobbit. I'm disappointed that it wasn't made into a film like LOTR! closing quote
Sally, 16, Liverpool

opening quoteI'm reading this series of books by Kate Cann. It's about this girl, Coll, and her lovelife and friends problems! They're fantastic books! closing quote
Kate, 13, Aylesbury

opening quoteI love the Harry Potter books. I just enter that world. I feel like I'm a character in the story! closing quote
Sophie, 12, Stevenage

opening quoteI adore Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials because they are so much better than other modern books. They have more detail, last longer and will always be classics. closing quote
Sarah, 13, Eastbourne

opening quoteHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is my fave. It was so good. I laughed, I cried, and I cheered. It was an emotional ride that made me yearn for more.closing quote
Aeryn, 16, Texas, USA

opening quoteI love the books by Meg Cabot, especially the Princess Diaries series!closing quote
Fai, 12, Birmingham

opening quoteI love Jacqueline Wilson's books! My favourite has got to be Lola Rose! It's a realistic story about family life. I think it's brilliant! closing quote
Jess, 13, London

opening quoteI love Roald Dahl books. My fave is Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Brilliant! closing quote
Kayleigh, 14, Stockport

More InfoBORDER=0
Find OutBook awards guide
ChatChat about Potter books
ClubI helped write a book which is now published
ClubI was the first child to read Artemis Fowl

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
JK goes green for next Harry book
Pullman says tests will make kids hate books
Madonna picture book fastest selling ever
New Children's Laureate: 'I hate SATs'

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club