Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Tell us your bullying stories
Updated 28 August 2003, 18.36
Do you have a story about bullying?
Bullying is a massive problem that affects loads of you and we want to hear your stories

Have you ever been bullied?

Did you get any advice and, if so, did it help?

Perhaps you've seen someone being bullied. Did they get any help from their school?

opening quoteI started getting bullied when I was four and I still do; it does make me feel upset but the only thing I can do is ignore them - it realy does bother them, and it makes me feel a lot better.closing quote
Amy, 12, Swansea

opening quoteAt my school, I am a member of a small group of kids that have been trained to listen and provide advice to those who are being builled. We have helped many kids. The great thing about us is that we can tell our trianer (who is a teacher) and he can susspend the bullys.closing quote
Tennis Fan, 14, Lincoln

opening quoteI think people who bully are sad lonely and jealous of the people who they bully. Or maybe they come from a family which don't respect them and think they shouldnt respect other people neither.closing quote
Gemma, 14, Huyton

opening quoteI was bullied by this girl a year older than me because I told her to stop bullying my mate, so she stopped to her and turned to me. After school she came up to me an threw water over me and kicked me. I told my sister who was 3 years older than the bully and me sister had a go at her in front of her mates and made her cry. I know that was the wrong approach but she stopped and she now knows how it felt. Now if she is walking on the same side of the path as me, she moves. Make sure you tell someone when you're are being bullied xxx closing quote
Charlotte, 15

opening quoteI was bullied by this girl a year older than me because I told her to stop bullying my mate, so she stopped to her and turned to me. After school she came up to me an threw water over me and kicked me. I told my sister who was 3 years older than the bully and me sister had a go at her in front of her mates and made her cry. I know that was the wrong approach but she stopped and she now knows how it felt. Now if she is walking on the same side of the path as me, she moves. Make sure you tell someone when you're are being bullied xxx closing quote
Charlotte, 15

opening quoteEveryone says I am a "news geek". It is so upsetting for me as I love watching the news whether it be Newsround or normal adult news because I care for people affected by the happenings in the world. There is one boy who says I'm "a fat and sad geek" just because I am interested in the news. I have just one close friend who I absolutely adore for her support. Luckily things are getting better as I am having some support from the teachers as well. closing quote
Anon, Bath

opening quoteI've been bullied quite a few times about my weight. I hated it, I've learnt to stick up for myself now and though I still get bullied every now and then, I know how to deal with it, and if I can't, I tell my parents. Trust me it does help. closing quote
Elijah Wood fan, 15, Herts

opening quoteI was bullied quite badly when I was in year 5, but no one knows why, not even me! At first it started off with just name calling but one day it got a bit more serious, I nearly had my shin broken and nearly had to go to hospital when the bully kicked me. The school did nothing about it!!! I hate bullies, I think more can be done to stop them aswell! closing quote
Laura, 13, Wigan

opening quoteI was bullied in primary school but I don't have a clue why. I didn't get upset but I told my parents and learned to stick up for myself. If I see anyone bullying anyone I stick up for the person who is getting bullied 'cos I know what they're going through. closing quote
Cho, 14

opening quoteI don't get bullied but because everyone in my skools into r'n'b & I'm a goth people don't tend to talk 2 me! It doesn't bother me that much although sometimes I feel a bit like everyone hates me! closing quote
Different,13, London

opening quoteI have never been physically bullied but I have lost all my self confidence due to being picked on by literally my whole class except a couple of good mates. I get teased because I do quite well at school and because I don't wear make-up or do much with my long Hermione-like hair. closing quote
Katie, 13

opening quoteI used to get bullied by people who didn't go to my school, it was very hard and it was making me really upset...it is hard and I was scared of telling someone. I never did tell anyone but I haven't seen them since they followed me on my paper round. I wish I had told someone - it probably would have helped closing quote
Amy, 14, Leicester

opening quoteI was bullied by my mate because there was one bully at our school who was mates with my mate. So when my mate was alone she was really nice but when the bully was around she was really mean closing quote
Milly, 9, Cambs

opening quoteMy mate started picking on me. It really got me and all the teachers fed up . Things are not great now but better cos I told a teacher closing quote
Jo, 10, Kent

opening quoteI have been bullied since year 2 and since then I have never been happy or had a good time at school. In primary school it wasn't as bad. Then I thought ok I can handle this until secondary school. Secondary school came and still I get bullied. I even skived school a couple of times to escape the bullies and my work has decreased standard dramatically. I dumbed down so that I would fit in with the bullies. I tried and failed. And the only reason is that I have been put up a year because I'm intelligent. But I'm goin into year 9 and I've sorted something out with my headmaster and it might get sorted out. I would like to make the bullies feel different and the bullies stop and the bullied come forward for help. closing quote
Christian, 12

opening quoteI was bullied on the way home on my bus every day. I was punched kicked and they even smashed my watch. One day I was followed to my house and they kicked my front door over and over until my mum got home and she called the police and they where cautioned. Please show this E-Mail to show what happens when you let them get away with it!!! closing quote
Daniel, 13, Bognor Regis

opening quoteI was bullied for being the quiet one who refused to pick on other people so I was picked on by people who were supposed to be my friends! But I am proud that I refused to be like them even if it did knock back my confidence a lot. I have never forgiven them and I stopped hanging around them and avoid them when I can but thanks to my best friend Heather. She has made me realise that I am worth something. My school did nothing to help, it was all thanks to my friends and a big thank you has to go to Heather! closing quote
Sarah, Frodsham

opening quoteI was bullied very badly at school, because of my weight and because I would be relatively smart. I hated going to school, and spent a lot of time on my own. I ended up having to tell a teacher at school when she saw it. The teachers were brilliant. They even got a councillor in to help with all the other children who have problems. I still though am very shy and pretty nervous going to school closing quote
Ryan, 14

opening quoteWhen you're being bullied you don't tell anyone because you're used to it and you already know that no one ever tries to help when you ask even if it is a teacher or your parents. And because it's been happening for so long you just keep on coping. When people say just ignore it you know that they don't know what it's like because it doesn't help it just makes things worse. Things need to be done, not said! closing quote
Naomi, 15, Brightlingsea

opening quoteI have been bullied for about 5 years now and it hasn't stopped. I have tried standing up to them but it made it worse, Teachers tried to sort it out but nothing ever worked, the main reason I got picked on in the first place was because of my name which isn't bad at all and also because of my hairstyle. I guess they just saw me as an easy target. I get looked at like I'm some sort of a freak by the "popular" people. I don't think it will change for me forever but for other people maybe it will. thanks. closing quote
Fame Academy Fan, 14, Staffs

opening quoteI was bullied for months it made me really upset. So in the end I stood up to the bullies and now they leave me alone.closing quote
Ben, 13, Liverton

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
UKOur bullying survey
Find OutHow to deal with bullying
ChatCan bullying be stopped?
ClubPress Packs about bullying

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Teenager loses voice after being bullied
Bullied Jessica, 9, 'wanted to die'
Ballet boy sues after bully attack
More kids need training to deal with bullies

BORDER=0

Web Links
BORDER=0
ChildLine
Note: You will leave CBBC. We are not responsible for other websites.

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club