Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Do adults spoil your fun?
Updated 03 August 2003, 18.51
Kids play on swings
A survey says you'd rather be running around outside than stuck in doors - but adults make it hard for you to have fun.

Do you find it frustrating when you see lots of No Ball Game signs?

Are your neighbours always telling you to keep the noise down when you're playing footie?

opening quoteNo, they don't stop me from doing loads of stuff, but even if they did I wouldn't mind 2 much cause it is a way of proof that they love me and they want to protect me. I love my parents and I no they love me. Some children are told they can stay out all night or do whatever they like but that in a way shows that their parents don't care that much for them. It is good 2 have some independence but not total independence closing quote
Holly, 14, Northern Ireland

opening quoteI can't have my music on really high in case i disturb the neighbours. when my parents are out though its a different story...my music is on full blast. closing quote
Laura, 15, Skipton

opening quoteEvery time I walk past a lamp or pick up a candle, my mum is like BE CAREFUL! Stop being so paranoid! closing quote
Kylee, 15, London

opening quoteNo way! I can go out any time I want to and nobody would complain. Sometimes my friends do have this problem though. closing quote
Hazel, 12, Cambridge

opening quoteOur local park's being closed down because the people who live there are 'sick of the noise'. Areas all over my village are now 'kid-free zones', which means children aren't allowed to play there. One of them is outside my best friend's house. Adults think they own the world and have more of a right to be there than we do. It's not fair. closing quote
Ceri, 12, Colwyn Bay

opening quoteI am always getting told off when I am inside. The reason for that is because I never get out! Let me out because the grown-ups are running out of excuses! closing quote
Erin, 9, Fife

opening quoteWhen I was 11 I couldn't do anything! And I mean anything! I had to always be acompanied by a adult when I went out, I couldn't walk the dog, I couldn't use the internet for more than 40 mins, I couldn't listen to music loudly, I had no independence. Now I can walk the dog and go to the supermarket but if I'm wearing a skirt above my knees and/or a strappy top I'm told to put some jeans on and put a jacket over my top! I mean, I'm not exactly gonna go inside someone's car or get talking to anybody who looks suspicious! I need a tan and a life! closing quote
Freya, 12, Bristol

opening quoteYes some adults do spoil your fun but sometimes they are just doing it for your safety. closing quote
Hannah, 12, Nottingham

opening quoteNo, there are really noisy kids in our street who are really cheeky and have screaming competitions. They shouldn't be allowed out. closing quote
Ross, 15, Scotland

opening quoteMy parents hardly let me do anything.... I can't listen to music too high, can't be too much time on the computer, I can't make much noise when I'm outside... It is really annoying!!!!!!! closing quote
Alexandra, 14, Chile

opening quoteYou can't play around where I live because there is nothing to do and you get told off by old people to stop messing about closing quote
Emma, 13, Blackburn

opening quoteParents are so paranoid, WE NEED OUR INDEPENDENCE! closing quote
Tom, 10, Woodley

opening quoteMy parents don't stop me from going outside but I hardly ever go out anyway, however my uncle is a real pain as he moved house as kids kept playing football outside his house and he never lets his kids be noisy or anything. HE JUST WEIRD. closing quote
Sophie, 15, Newcastle

opening quoteMy mum doesn't approve of any of my friends, she thinks they're all too loud or silly. I just think they're normal to be honest, then she gets at me for being stupid when I'm just trying to have fun. She really ought to just leave us alone and let us have some fun!!! closing quote
Joey, 13, Leeds

opening quoteMy dad gives me tv, gameboy, and pc bans wen I misbehave. closing quote
Theo, 12, bedford

opening quoteWhen I was younger we used to play outside all the time, but my parents used to make us go to bed early if we were too loud! closing quote
Helen, 14, Birmingham

opening quoteMy mum gets really cross when we make a noise outside - she thinks we're upsetting the neighbours. closing quote
Laura, 10, Salisbury

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
ChatDo gangs ruin your park?
VoteVote: fave summer hangout?

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Kids not playing out enough
Better playgrounds mean 'better kids'
Kids 'feel unsafe' in local parks

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club