Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Can bullying be stopped?
Updated 25 June 2003, 19.11

Bullying is a problem that affects thousands of kids.

Some adults reckon that special training to make kids more confident will stop bullies.

But do you think there is a way that we can really stop bullying?

Do you have any ways that have helped you deal with bullies?

Does the advice that adults give really help?

opening quoteBullying can be stopped, only if the person that is getting builled convinces his/herself that it can stop. Also the longer the person gets bullied, the more time it will take for the bullying to stop. My advice is: as soon as it starts TELL SOMEONE!closing quote
Febe, 12, Wolverhampton

opening quoteI think that there is no way that we can stop bullying. There will always be people in the world who want to feel that they have a sort of power over a person, no matter how weak the other person's character. I think that it makes them feel important to be able to seem more powerful than other people, even though, in truth, it is them who are the cowards.closing quote
Anna, 14, Edinburgh

opening quoteI doubt if bullying can ever be stopped. Bullies seem always to laugh at detentions and punishments. I think that the only weapon that someone can use against bullies are their friends. If you manage to get rid of the bully's gang, than you have gotten rid of the bully, because all they are are cowards. Speaking to adults always helps as well.closing quote
Srinjoy, 13, Abingdon

opening quoteI think that bullying will not end, most teachers just say " go play somwhere else." Bullies don't have the right to learn and should just be banned from school FULL STOP!closing quote
Jay, 13, Isle of Man

opening quoteYou can't stop bullies. I've been bullied since I was 6. They see detention as a laugh, and an excuse to bully you more. Teachers in our school are out of touch and don't realise what a bully really does. Every time they say they've sorted it out, it'll start again 2 weeks later.closing quote
James, 15, London

opening quoteBullying is HORRID! I was bullied last year. Every day I went through the same thing, pushed around, being called fat, ugly and that I had a weight problem. It really hurt me inside. I didn't tell anyone as they threatend me not to, otherwise they'd beat me up! I now regret I never did anything about it. So if you get bullied do somthing about it before it's too late.( If you're too scared, tell yourself you're not afraid. It works!)closing quote
Emma, 11, Ridgeway

opening quoteNo matter how hard we try, there will always be a few cowards who call themselves bullies.closing quote
Chantal, 12, Sevenoaks

opening quoteI was bullied for 3 years. It is the hardest thing to go through, and I'd hate for anyone else do. Teachers have to stamp down on it, instead of saying "Just ignore them."closing quote
Anon,13, Manchester

opening quoteI don't think (unfortunately) bullying will stop.Suspension is a day off school to go shopping, and a detention means nothing to them! They are great pains and although they think it's fun, no one else does, it upsets and hurts other people! However there are always going to be people like that in the world!closing quote
Laura, 14, Southport

opening quoteA friend of mine used to keep hitting me, but then my mum and I went to the head of year. Everything was sorted out, we are still mates. I think that is the best way to go! closing quote
Amy, 11

opening quoteBullys can only be stopped if they are really punished and told off for what they've done to others. They need to realise that bullying is NOT tolerated by anyone, anywhere.closing quote
Bridget, 15, USA

opening quoteThere will always be bullies, they're impossible to get rid of. They always find a way to bully others. There isn't much any one can do but children MUST speak out and tell someone! Silence is deadly, especially with things like this.closing quote
Sarah, Grimsby

opening quoteBullying will never be stopped unless the bullies themselves want to stop, because a lot of bullying victims don't tell anyone.closing quote
Anisa, 9, London

opening quoteSometimes the advice adults give isn't really that great, because it's never worked for me.closing quote
Angel, 14, Canada

opening quoteNobody's perfect, like Wes says, but if the punishment was more than, say, a day off school, things would improve.closing quote
Yasime, 15, London

opening quoteI think that bullying can't be stopped altogether, but you can stop some problems happening by telling someone.closing quote
Anna, 11, Didsbury

opening quoteWe can try, but I think bullying will always be here. The world's not perfect.closing quote
Wes, 13, Bristol

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
UKOur bullying survey
Find OutHow to deal with bullying
ClubPress Packs about bullying

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Bullied Jessica, 9, 'wanted to die'
Ballet boy sues after bully attack
More kids need training to deal with bullies
Children welcome text bullying crackdown

BORDER=0

Web Links
BORDER=0
ChildLine
Note: You will leave CBBC. We are not responsible for other websites.

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club