Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Do you worry about what you eat?
Updated 18 June 2003, 19.12

A report by ChildLine has shown that loads of kids have from eating problems but don't get enough help.

Anorexia and bulimia are big problems, but have you come across them at all?

Do you, or any of your friends, have problems with eating?

Is enough done for people with eating problems?

What more could be done to help?

opening quoteI am really worried about my weight, it's horrible. My friend used to be really large but now she's thin. I should be happy for her but I can't help feeling jealous as I am quite fat myself.closing quote
Eleanor, 13, Bath

opening quoteI am a really fussy eater so I always worry. I also worry about my weight because I think I am fat but everyone tells me I'm not.closing quote
Emma, 13, Blackburn

opening quoteMost people worry because some of the sizing of clothes are so small for the recomended age and people worry because they think they're bigger than they should be.closing quote
Lisa, 13, Southampton

opening quotePeople who think they are too fat are a bit silly, no one cares how big or thin you are except yourself. I don't know anyone with those type of problems but I've heard about it and it just doesn't sound right. No offence though to the people who have problems but you have to sort yourself out and start eating normally, as nobody notices what you eat. closing quote
Hannah, 10, Hailsham

opening quoteI am a little under weight, but it's not serious. But even though it's not serious I still worry a bit about it. I feel bad, because some people out there have eating problems and don't know, I don't have one but still worry.closing quote
Chloe, 13, Cannock

opening quoteI get really panicky around food, and it's awful because I'm really skinny, but it's hard not to worry, it becomes a habit, which is awful.closing quote
Ceri, 15, Monmouth

opening quoteMy sister has a very bad case of anorexia and bulimia and it's really hard on my family. At one time I was scared she would die. Now she weighs everything and counts out 12 cornflakes for breakfast. If you're worried about your weight talk to someone or go on a sensible diet.closing quote
Lucy, 13, Surrey

opening quoteMy friend was worried about what she looked liked to the boys, this included her weight. So she started starving herself. My other friend and I told our head of year, after a month deciding it had gone on long enough. They sorted it out. Now she is fine, but when she was starving herself she didn't even tell her mum about what she was doing.closing quote
Amy, 12, Manchester

opening quoteI'm scared of eating at school because I think I'm fat and it looks like people are watching me.closing quote
Amy, 12, Manchester

opening quoteI've experienced really unnerving comments from bullies in the past few years. I was bullied verbally and physically and I had no confidence with anything I did. I became insecure and although I self harmed I never had an eating disorder. It was tempting cos I thought I was fat and I looked disgusting. Since then I've picked myself up and forgotten my huge complex I once had. I would advise anyone who thinks these thoughts to get some help. You can pick yourself up and so much of my life has improved since I have more confidence.closing quote
Sam, 15, Yorkshire

opening quoteMy best mate is well skinny, it makes me feel fat.closing quote
Bex, 9, Rugby

opening quoteYou don't need to diet to lose weight, just eat sensibly and do plenty of exercise.closing quote
Shona, 12, Oxford

opening quoteI'm a vegetarian and it does nothing for me health wise - I really get stressed about my weight but none of my friends understand how I feel.closing quote
Megan, 13, London

opening quoteI know a person who had an eating disorder and she was in a hospital for loads of weeks, just because of it. Now she is getting her life back together now she has stopped.closing quote
Suzy, 13, Leighton Buzzard

opening quoteIt's hard not to worry about what to eat because everyone wants to be the same and be like supermodels because that is what people see all the time.closing quote
Bekki, 13, Gunnislake

opening quoteI am worried that I am over weight and that I eat too much. This ends with me getting teased at school. I try to eat less but it always seems to go up now and again but the teasing doesn't help it makes me depressed. It is so annoying!closing quote
Lucy, 14, Devon

opening quoteI do worry about my weight, and have wanted to change my diet for a long time but just can't. Tons of girls and boys are perfectly healthy but the people they look up to are so stick thin and that's what they want to be...me included.closing quote
Katie, 15, Gloucester

opening quoteI don't actually have a problem with the way I look and I don't think anyone should, it's what's inside that counts. I read Girls Under Pressure by Jacqueline Wilson and that dealt with bulimia and anorexia, it is one of the best books I've read!closing quote
Katie, 14, Ipswich

opening quoteI don't care I mostly eat what I want but my friend is sooooo thin and light BUT she eats MORE than me. She is about three stones lighter than me but she doesn't like dairy products like cheese, milk etc.....I'm not skinny personally though.closing quote
Katy, 13, Glasgow

opening quoteI do worry about what I eat to a point. I don't say "oh I'm not allowed this and that and I'm only allowed to eat a stick of celery a week" but it's really hard for me cos my dad is always saying get me a chocolate bar and he says I can have nothing I want to eat any time.closing quote
Holly, 12, Pewsy

opening quoteI know that there are people out there skinnier than me, but I'm not fat. closing quote
Camilla, 12, Dorset

opening quoteMy cousin worries so much about what she eats, and she is far too thin anyway. It's really hard for her familyclosing quote
Steve, 12, Exeter

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
UKEating probs: Fill in our survey
Find OutWhat are eating problems?
Find OutGuide to healthy living
ChatHave you dieted 'cos of bullying?
QuizHealthy eating quiz

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Kids with eating disorders need more help
Natasha Kitten upset over eating row
Fat fears 'give kids eating disorders'

BORDER=0

Web Links
BORDER=0
ChildLine
Note: You will leave CBBC. We are not responsible for other websites.

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Fill in our survey about eating problems Survey:
R U worried about your weight?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club