Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Your OOTP reviews
Updated 26 June 2003, 11.28

SPOILER WARNING! WE HAVE NOT REVEALED THE DEATH IN THIS PAGE, BUT THERE IS GOSSIP WHICH COULD SPOIL THE BOOK FOR YOU

So it's finally on the shelves, but was it worth the wait?

We want YOUR reviews of Order of the Phoenix.

Fave new character: Kreacher
Best baddie:Lord Voldemort
Funniest moment:
Kreacher muttering under his breath Most annoying character: Cho Chang
Best bit overall: 12 Grimmauld Place in the summer
Most disappointing/boring bit: The death
Most surprising/shocking bit: Harry being band from Quidditch for life
Big death: it was really boring and it was not sad at all
How long to read? 4 days
Scary factor: 10
Overall book rating: 10

Fizzy, 13, Shaldon

Fave new character: Tonks
Best baddie:Pro.Umbridge
Funniest moment:
When Fred and George shoot out of Umbridge's office Most annoying character:
Luna Lovegood Best bit overall:
Most disappointing/boring bit:
The beginning bit kept dragging on a bit but otherwise it was great Most surprising/shocking bit:
It was quite surprising that Sirius is related to the death eaters and that his own brother was one too. (the door bell of Sirus's mother screaming was quite weird) Big death: This came to me as a real shock and I felt so really sorry for Harry.I feel your pain Harry!!!!!
How long to read? 14 hours
Scary factor:
9 Overall book rating: 10

Sarah May, 12 ,Essex

Fave new character: Luna
Best baddie:Draco Malfoy
Funniest moment:
Well i had loads all of them with Fred and George! the swamp, the fire woks, the skiving snack boxes, and then finally leaving the school!!!!! hav i forgotten any???? they're just the best and the funniest! Most annoying character: Umbridge really, really, really, really, really .....bugged me!
Best bit overall:
I dunno i thought the whole book was brilliant but i thought the Snapes worst moment was quite good even though i was kinda like why would they do that, but when they explained it after i though it was a really good bit! Most disappointing/boring bit: NOTHING!
Most surprising/shocking bit: Grawp and the death!
Big death: I hated the fact that one of my favourite characters was dead! but somehow it'll probably fit with the eventual plot! I cried for ages and thought it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad!!!!! I really didn't want them to die!
How long to read? 5 days
Scary factor:
7 Overall book rating: 10

Sim, 13, Southampton

Fave new character: Luna Lovegood and Tonks
Best baddie:Dolores Umbridge
Funniest moment: When Harry told Ron and Hermione about when he kissed Cho. I also thought that all Fred and George´s pranks was great fun. Most annoying character: Draco Malfoy and Professor Umbridge
Most annoying character: Draco Malfoy and Professor Umbridge
Best bit overall: The whole book. But I really really liked that Ron and Hermione became prefects. It was also great in the end when Dumbledore tells Harry "everything"...
Most disappointing/boring bit: I was really disappointed that Malfoy became prefect even though I suspected it.
Most surprising/shocking bit: I was surprised by Hermione, when she came with the idea of DA. I was also very shocked by Harry when he started throwing things and yelling at Dumbledore in his office, but I do understand him at that point.
Big death: I was so sad, I really really like the person. I was too sad to cry even though I really felt like it. I didn't want the person to die at all but it had to happened, I think we all know that. Even though I love the character J.K Rowling did it in a good way.
How long to read? About 2 days
Scary factor:
10 Overall book rating: 10

Katrin, 14 , Stockholm, Sweden

Fave new character:Luna Lovegood
Best baddie: Professor Umbridge and Bellatrix Lestrange
Funniest moment: When Luna laughs her head off at a joke Ron makes, i just thought that bit was hilarious. The way everyone laughed at her afterwards! Tee Hee
Most annoying character: Minister of magic, Mr Fudge
Best bit overall: Right near the end when harry gets possessed by Lord Voldemort, and he's asking Dumbledore to kill him.
Most disappointing/boring bit: The beginning dragged on a bit, but after that i found it really exciting
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Harry totally loses it in Dumbledores office, he shouts and starts throwing things, but i don't think it was too over the top, he's been through such a lot and dumbledore has practically ignored him throughout the book. i also really liked Cho and Harry snogging, go for it Harry!!
Big death: I thought it happened very quickly, i hated the person who did it! Harry was really upset and JKR really got the emotion across to me.
How long to read? 8 hours
Scary factor: 9

Jessica, 14, Selby

Best baddie: Fred and George
Funniest moment: When Fred and George were giving Professor Umbridge heck.
Most annoying character: Luna Luvgood
Best bit overall: I would say the D.A.
Most disappointing/boring bit: Whenever Cho and Harry never got together.
Most surprising/shocking bit:
Big death: I cried and cried. I had to stop reading for a while b/c I couldn't see my eyes were so blurry. I felt sorry for Harry.
How long to read? From Sat. at 12:10 until Sun. 9:45
Scary factor: 8

Nicki, 15, Mullins

Fave new character: Luna Lovegood
Best baddie: Professor Dolores Umbridge
Funniest moment: There wasn't a particularly funny moment but i liked the bit when Ron started laughing when Harry told him he kissed Cho
Most annoying character: Professor Umbridge!
Best bit overall: The Entire Book!! Ere... if i had to choose, it would be the whole chapters of "Beyond The Veil" and "The Only One He Ever Feared"
Most disappointing/boring bit: None!!!! Absolutely none!!
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Harry saw that Sirius was getting tortured by Voldemort and when Dumbledore started explaining "What I should have told 5 years ago"
Big death: I was crying so much. I started to love this person like a family but now they gone... sob!!! I always knew it was going to happen, ever since i found out that someone was going to die
How long to read? I've got it early on saturday morning because it was sold out by midnight and i've just finished it reading it for the 3rd time (Its Monday) and i'm going to start this evening and finish it this time 2more!

Intisar, 15, London

Best baddie: Umbridge
Funniest moment: Lilly telling Snape to wash his pants
Most annoying character: Percy
Best bit overall: The chapter "Beyond the veil"
Most disappointing/boring bit: Ron not playing as huge a part in this book as the others. It was mainly Hermione and Harry together and not Ron
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Mrs weasley looked at boggart that revealed Ron's dead body. I thought he was dead
Big death: Didn't like the death it wasn't tragic enough.
How long to read? 2 days
Scary factor: 7
Overall book rating: 9

Robert, 13, chingford

Funniest moment: When Cho Chang embarrased the heck out of Harry in the shop and when everyone ignored Umbridge, including the teachers
Most annoying character: Umbridge/Fudge
Best bit overall: Department of Mysteries stuff
Most disappointing/boring bit: The beginnning
Most surprising/shocking bit: Fred and George's departure and Percy's treatment of his family. I bet he felt stupid at the end
Big death: I did shed a few tears
How long to read? 6 hours

Antoinette, 13, USA

Funniest moment: When Harry tells Ron and Hermone about him kissing Cho, nearly all of the Fred and George bits, and on the train when Luna goes into a fit of hysterics and Ron says "Are you taking the mickey?"....oh, and in the hospital wing when Ron makes the 'galloping' noises!
Most annoying character: Umbridge and Kreacher
Best bit overall: ALL OF IT!!!
Most disappointing/boring bit: The fact that Harry couldn't play Quidditch
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Harry was doing the detentions with Umbridge and the lines he was writing were carved into his hand...
Big death: Oh noooooo! This can't be happening! :-( I was nearly crying!
How long to read? About a day and a half

Eleanor, 12, Devon

Fave new character: The real 'mad-eye' Moody, and the 'new' Neville
Best baddie: Bellatrix Lestrange
Funniest moment: "Give her hell from us Peeves"
Most annoying character: Cho; stupid girl, Harry deserves better
Best bit overall: Dumbledore dueling with Voldemort; "We both know that there are other ways of destroying a man Tom,... merely taking your life would not satisfy me."
Most disappointing/boring bit:
Most surprising/shocking bit: The reappearance of Gilderoy Lockhart
Big death: Very confusing, it didnt seem to be the Adava Kedavra curse, but s/he's still dead, and the veil? strange
How long to read? 12 hours straight

Niall, 16, Hazel Grove

Fave new character: Tonks I love her hairstyles and her personality!
Best baddie: Bellatrix
Funniest moment: Fred and George's escape from Hogwarts and when Ron makes the galloping noise at Umbridge
Most annoying character: Dolores Umbridge. Grrrrr, I hate that woman. "Hem hem...."
Best bit overall: I liked seeing Ron as prefect and Quidditch Keeper, and getting more credit sometimes. The final match was great because we all thought that Ron had made a fool of himself again, but he had actually won Gryffindor the Quidditch Cup!
Most disappointing/boring bit: I was a little disappointed with what the Order of the Phoenix actually turned out to be, because this is what everyone was expecting. I thought that JKR would completely surprise us with something no one had thought of yet.
Most surprising/shocking bit: I was surprised to find out that James Potter was really very cruel and mean. I had invisioned him as a brave hero who could do no wrong and was kind to everyone, as Harry had, but it turned out that he was actually quite an arrogant airhead at Harry's age.
Big death: I was so surprised that it was this character who died, because the person is really important to Harry and I didn't think he/she could be killed just yet. I was so sad when it happened I just burst into tears, because it was one of my favorite characters.
How long to read? 19 hours about. I was trying to take it slow so I could get all of the details and just let everything sink in.
Overall book rating: 8

Lucy, 14, USA

Best baddie: Umbridge - I hate her!
Funniest moment: There wasn't really a "moment" - it was more like funny lines
Most annoying character: Umbridge again, and Cornelius Fudge
Best bit overall: The climax and Dumbledore's explanation - as it is in all of the Harry books. Also, the return of old characters and Neville's role in the book.
Most disappointing/boring bit:The beginning - it took a while for the action to get going
Most surprising/shocking bit: The form that the Boggart took at Sirius' place. I thought it was real! And the death, too.
Big death: It was sad and very sudden. I feel for Harry. I really didn't expect this character to die.
How long to read? Purchased the book on Saturday morning, finished Sunday afternoon

Rachel, 16, Camden

Funniest moment: The events leading up to Fred and George leaving
Most annoying character: Kreacher
Best bit overall: When Harry finds out why. When Harry and Hermione start the DA.
Most disappointing/boring bit: Percy's treatment of his family.
Most surprising/shocking bit: Neville's new backbone
Big death: Very sad, I had hoped it wouldn't be this particular character.
How long to read? 13 hours
Scary factor: 5

Amanda, USA

Fave new character: Mundungus Fletcher
Best baddie: You-Know-Who of course!
Funniest moment: The fireworks and swamp attack at the school. Oh, and catching up with Gilderoy. He can now do "joined up writing"!
Best bit overall: The quidditch final, and when Ron does the galloping noise - LOL!
Most disappointing/boring bit: NOTHING - except that Harry can't play quidditch
Most surprising/shocking bit: Percy's behaviour
Big death: I cried for half an hour, is that enough?
How long to read? 1 to 1 and a half days

Emily, 14, Melbourne

Best baddie: Dolores Umbridge
Funniest moment: Fred and George's great escape.
Most annoying character: Grawp
Best bit overall: The whole part in the Department of Mysteries. It was so exciting and gut wrenching.
Most disappointing/boring bit: The business in the beginning, where new readers had to be briefed on what was going on in the story so far.
Most surprising/shocking bit: The death scene had me on the edge of my seat.
Big death: I cried for so long. It's a really important person to Harry, and I related totally with the loss.
How long to read? 5 hours

Bianca, 13, California

Best baddie: Professor Umbridge - she's horribly sadistic
Funniest moment: Talking about poor Ron as the hopeless new Gryffindor Keeper, and Fred and George giving Katie the wrong part of one of their Skiving Snackboxes.
Most annoying character: Harry - he was annoyingly intolerant of everyone in this book - he was angry all the time and wouldn't listen to anyone.
Best bit overall: When Dumbledore and Voldemort duel at the end. It was so exciting, I bit my nails to the quick!
Most disappointing/boring bit: When, right at the end, Dumbledore explains things to Harry. It wasn't exactly the huge revelation we all had been waiting for - in fact, I'd guessed all that already! It wasn't as dramatic as it should have been, and actually wasn't explained very well at all, so that younger children reading the books might have actually missed the significance entirely.
Most surprising/shocking bit: Coming to terms with how twisted and repulsively blind the Ministry of Magic is, and having sit there and read about Fudge and Umbridge utterly destroying Hogwarts from the inside out.
Big death: I had been expecting something like that to happen all the way through the book, but it was still a shock. When J.K. wrote about the expression on the dying person's face I cried. I t was horrible, and yet mesmerising to read.

Shona, 14, Brisbane

Best baddie: Voldemort of course!
Funniest moment: Harry yelling at Prof Umbridge ' there was just the slight problem of having voldemort sticking out the back of his head' or something like that. And of course all of Fred and George's rebellion against prof Umbridge cracked me up.
Most annoying character: Professer Umbridge
Best bit overall: At the end when Dumbledore tells Harry about the prophecy.
Most disappointing/boring bit: 'Weasley is our King' It just didn't have the catchiness, and didn't entirely make sense. I much prefer 'potter you rotter from the first bit.
Most surprising/shocking bit: Dumbledore crying. That was really scary, because I reckon if something upsets Dumbledore things must be getting pretty bad.
Big death: It wasn't a complete surprise. There was too much action going on at the time for it to be sad. It was so frustrating because you can see how it could have been avoided. It proves that not matter how much common sense people give you, human emotion gets in the way.
How long to read? eleven hours

Slightly Senile Potter Fan, 14, Adelaide, Australia

Funniest moment: when Sirius and Harry made their way to the hogwarts express
Most annoying character: Professor umbridge
Best bit overall: Harry finally learning about his whole history
Most disappointing/boring bit: n/a
Most surprising/shocking bit: the death scene
Big death: I cried..it was horrible..Why jk why?
How long to read? 12 hours w/ breaks and sleep inbetween

Hollie, 14, Indianapolis, USA

Best baddie: Kreacher
Funniest moment: The Weasley twins' 'prank extravaganza'
Most annoying character: Umbridge
Best bit overall: Dumbledore's Army
Most disappointing/boring bit: None! I'd have to read it again.
Most surprising/shocking bit: See below
Big death: Terrible. I'm all shaky and crying. My favourite character as well! I really didn't expect it.
How long to read? 6 hours (quick!)

Rose, 14, Bath

Fave new character: Luna Lovegood (I'm weird)
Best baddie: Voldemort
Funniest moment: When Cho kisses Harry
Best bit overall: With Gilderoy Lockhart
Most disappointing/boring bit: None
Big death: It wasn't who I thought it was going to be...
How long to read? 3 hours (in between eating, etc)

Catherine, 12, Hong Kong

Fave new character: Nymphadora Tonks
Funniest moment: About Fred and George and their coolest inventions.
Most annoying character: Draco Malfoy

Best bit overall: Ron and Hermione got elected as new prefects.
Most disappointing/boring bit: A lot of Order's meetings.
Most surprising/shocking bit: Cho is kissing Harry under a mistletoe after DA lesson.
Big death: It is not a shocking news anyway. It is just what I expect it would be.
How long to read? Nine whole hours.

Ainun, 13, Singapore

Fave new character: New teacher
Best baddie: Lord Voldemort
Funniest moment: ALL
Most annoying character: Newspaper reporters
Best bit overall: aLL OF IT
Most disappointing/boring bit: NONE
Most surprising/shocking bit: The death!
Big death: It tore me apart, I started crying!

Besma, 11, Stratford

Fave new character: Nymphadora Tonks
Best baddie: Lucius Malfoy
Funniest moment: When Fred and George Weasley set off the fireworks in the room..and they were whizzing around...causing great distractions...
Best bit overall: Harry making some kind of response to Cho's advances
Most disappointing/boring bit: Voldemort was after some prophecy JK Rowling did not much elaborate on.
Most surprising/shocking bit: X's death. Thought it might have been Hagrid. Big death: Very, very shocking and disturbing, at the same time it causes a great sense of anguish over my mind...like I've lost my own father.
How long to read? half a day

Jieying, 15, Singapore

Fave new character: I think the new defence against the dark arts teacher
Best baddie: The death eaters
Funniest moment: Not really sure
Most annoying character: Bellatrix
Best bit overall: The death scene
Most disappointing/boring bit: The boring bit was at the beginning
Most surprising/shocking bit: How Hermione became a ............

Big death: It was a pretty sad death it made 1 off my mates cry
How long to read? 2 and a half hours
Scary factor: 3

David, 14, London

Funniest moment: When Harry released an interview to 'The Quibbler' and all the teachers were nice to him - Prof. Trelawny even predicted that he would live to a ripe old age, be minister of magic and have 12 kids!
Most annoying character: Draco Malfoy - he just got on my nerves in book 5
Best bit overall: All of it! But I especially loved chapter 28 - Snape's Worst Memory.
Most disappointing/boring bit: There wasn't enough Quidditch action from Harry. I was *severely* disappointed by it.
Most surprising/shocking bit: Not sure if I should be saying this... well, there were 2 for me. 1) Ginny Weasley becoming seeker for the Gryffindor team and 2) Harry and Cho becoming an item.
Big death: I was quite shocked, but I eventually thought it would be one of two people that I had in my head, and it was. However, it was the one I wasn't expecting.
How long to read? 10 hours

Sapphire, 13, London

Fave new character: Nmyphadora Tonks
Funniest moment: all of Fred and George!
Most annoying character: Dolores Umbridge
Best bit overall: Christmas
Most disappointing/boring bit: There was none
Most surprising/shocking bit: When the person died - i didn't think it would be THAT person!
Big death: sad - it's not fair
How long to read? 10.5 hours

Alice, 13, Worcester

Best baddie: L. Malfoy
Funniest moment: Fred And Georges New invention
Best bit overall: Harry Getting Cleared Of All Charges
Most disappointing/boring bit: The First Nine Chapters
Most surprising/shocking bit: Who died!!!!
Big death: I was Sooo Shocked
Scary factor: 6

Jen, 11, Swindon

Best baddie: Bellatrix Lestrange
Funniest moment: When Ron & Hermione found out that Harry had kissed Cho
Most annoying character: Professor Umbridge
Best bit overall: When Dumbledore explains EVERYTHING to Harry...finally! We've been waiting forever! Still, that wasn't the full story...
Most disappointing/boring bit: The whole beginning (first 100 pages or so), before Harry goes to Hogwarts, were a bit disappointing. I was also disappointed by the lack of J.K. Rowling's trademark humor in this book, unlike Book 4.
Most surprising/shocking bit: The truth about James
Big death: I can't stop crying, I cried while I read it, I'm crying now...
How long to read? Four and a half hours

Jami, 14, Chicago, USA

Fave new character: Nymphaelia
Funniest moment: When Fred and George were demonstrating the vomiting sweets.
Most annoying character: Luna
Best bit overall: The battle in the Department of Mysteries
Most disappointing/boring bit: The revelation. It wasn't all that shocking
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Dumbledore attacked the Aurors
Big death: I was shocked and very angry. I think it'll break Harry
How long to read? 10 hours

Rowanne, 15, London

Fave new character: Luna Lovegood she is soooo LOONY
Best baddie: Lord Voldemort - sorry You-Know-Who
Funniest moment: Most of the parts with Fred and George
Best bit overall: The whole book!!
Most disappointing/boring bit: Disappointed on the fact that a certain person died
Most surprising/shocking bit: Something about Hagrid
Big death: Very very sad
How long to read? 9 hours

Samantha, 15, Wallasey

Best baddie: Snape
Funniest moment: When Fred and George left.
Most annoying character: HARRY
Best bit overall: I didn't really have one.
Most disappointing/boring bit: I was\really disappointed when X died, I would have thought he'd be important in other books.
Most surprising/shocking bit: When X died.
Big death: I think it was really annoying, totally unexpected, but totally inappropriate, why did she kill him, he has been in it for all of 2 books, she can't kill him yet, he has to live.
How long to read? 7 hours
Scary factor: 1
Overall book rating: 3

Sophie, 13, Littleborough

Funniest moment: There are quite a few actually, which makes a nice change in such a sombre book! My favourites would probably be the scenes with Fred & George's pranks.
Most annoying character: Umbridge or maybe Cho's friend
Best bit overall: Probably the death scene
Most disappointing/boring bit: Nothing really, I am 100% satisfied!
Most surprising/shocking bit: Snape and the revelations about James Potter
Big death: Aaaw, it woz really sad, I can't believe that JK chose to kill that person, I was welling up!
How long to read? 2 hours & about 5 minutes

Lisa, 13, Cambridge

Best baddie: Professor Umbridge
Funniest moment: When the Weasley brothers walked out of the school in front of Umbridge
Most annoying character: Professor Umbridge
Best bit overall: The death and last bit where Dumbledore is telling Harry about himself...
Most disappointing/boring bit: The beginning was hard to get into, but it was still brilliant!
Most surprising/shocking bit: When a new headmistress is appointed
Big death: I cried so much, I just sat where I was and cried for about ten minutes
How long to read? around 5 hours

Cassandra, 13, London

Best baddie: Prof. Umbridge
Funniest moment: When uncle Vernon say's "effing"! Totally out of character!
Most annoying character: Ron Weasley
Best bit overall: The death
Most disappointing/boring bit: Ron becoming a prefect! REALLY annoyed at this! I don't like Ron anymore now!
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Aunt. Petuina showed she knew about Harry's world
Big death: I kind of guessed from what happened at the start...
How long to read? About 5 hours

Maddy, 14, Nottingham

Funniest moment: When Harry is taking is OWLs, he misreads Prof. Marchbanks's hand, and tells her she was supposed to die last Tuesday.
Most annoying character: Cho Chang
Best bit overall: The best bit for me was the part where it describes the fireworks going off in the school.
Most disappointing/boring bit: What disappointing/boring bits?
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Mrs. Figg reveals that she's a Squib!
Big death: I was surprised when I found out who it was. I did not expect that it was going to be that particular person.
How long to read? 10 hours and 15 minutes.

Sophie, 12, Plymouth

Fave new character: Madam Bones
Best baddie: Lord Voldemort
Funniest moment: When Fred and George was doing a spell on the butterbeer and all the butterbeer went on the floor
Best bit overall: The Hearing
Most disappointing/boring bit: When Harry was laying in the flowerbed
Most surprising/shocking bit: The person who got killed Big death: I was crying because I like that character
How long to read? 4 hours
Overall book rating: 5

Cassandra, 14, London

Fave new character: Sirius's Mum
Best baddie: Umbrage
Funniest moment: Fred and George leaving Hogwarts.
Most annoying character: Malfoy
Best bit overall: Harry yelling at Dumbledore and then being told everything - I was glued to the book! And when they form the DA - that was cool!
Most disappointing/boring bit: Harry not playing Quidditch anymore
Most surprising/shocking bit: Ron and Hermione not getting together
Big death: It wasn't the person I thought it would be. I had my suspicions halfway through the book - but I was expecting the "big death" to be worse. It took a while for it to sink in.
How long to read? 11 hours

Lalage, 15, Belfast

Fave new character:
Funniest moment: When Harry, Ron and Hermione cast so many spells on Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle that they look like slugs!
Best bit overall: Harry's date
Most disappointing/boring bit: When the character dies
Most surprising/shocking bit: Which character dies
Big death: NO! Not them! Anyone but them! Why? Why? HELL! TORTURE! PLEASE! HAVE MERCY!
How long to read? 8 hours

Kenichi, 14, London

Best baddie: Professor Umbridge
Funniest moment: When Ron fins out about Ginny's boyfriend.
Most annoying character: Luna Lovegood.
Best bit overall: Didn't have a favorite part.
Most disappointing/boring bit: When Harry doesn't become a prefect.
Most surprising/shocking bit: When I found out about Percy.
Big death: I was sooooo upset I wasn't expecting the person to die at all!
How long to read? about a day.

Shara, 13, Jericho, US

Fave new character: Tonks!!
Funniest moment: When Ron finds out that Ginny is dating a Ravenclaw! It just showed him as the annoying big brother. But it does compete with the big scene with Fred and George! Actually any part with Umbridge running around like a headless chicken was great!
Most annoying character: Tie between Cho, Fudge and Umbridge
Best bit overall: I dunno. It was all good. I liked it when Harry went into Snape's Pensieve, it gave a great deal of info to Snape fans on how some of the Mauraders treated him. And the big fight scene between Dumbledore and Voldemort was great!
Most disappointing/boring bit: The second chapter. For some reason I was just happy that I passed it. And when Sirius got moody for a while.
Most surprising/shocking bit: When a character (not saying which) gets knocked out. It made me think that that character was going to die. And when we find out that Narcissa is related to Sirius!
Big death: I was almost in tears! I really liked that character!
How long to read? Just under 8 hours!
Scary factor: 6

Rachel, 15, Lampeter

Funniest moment: Where Hermione makes woolly hats for house elves.
Best bit overall: Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most disappointing/boring bit: professor Umbridges classes
Most surprising/shocking bit: When Ron became prefect
Big death: Horrible I just couldn't believe what I was reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How long to read? THE WEEKEND

Sophia, 10, Evesham

Fave new character: Neville Longbottom
Best baddie: Severus Snape
Funniest moment: When Aunt Petunia received the howler from Professor Dumbledore
Best bit overall: When Dumbeldore tells Harry the Prophecy
Most disappointing/boring bit: Nothing was disappointing or boring
Most surprising/shocking bit: Neville Longbottom could be the one who could defeat Lord Voldemort instead of Harry.
Big death: I was so sad that I cried. That was my favorite character!!!!!!! How long to read? nine hours

Paige, 11, London

Funniest moment: When Harry describes his kiss with Cho
Best bit overall: umm.....How rebellious Harry was
Most disappointing/boring bit: Taking O.W.L.'s
Most surprising/shocking bit: Ron and Hermione not getting together!
Big death: I cried, 'cuz they were my second favorite character
How long to read? 11 hours
Overall book rating: 7

Erin, 15, Flower Mound

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
Find OutHarry Potter
ChatChat with Lizo about Order of the Phoenix!

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Shops prepare to go Potter-mad for 21 June

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club