Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Has the war given you nightmares?
Updated 11 April 2003, 19.03

With all the news coverage of the war in Iraq, many people are having trouble sleeping because of everything they've heard.

Nightmares can often happen after scary events, it's the brain's way of coping.

Have you been affected?

opening quoteI keep having the same dream that are soldiers are being horrible to Iraqi people and it gets really scary. I can't wait until it is over because sometimes I can't sleep properly.closing quote
Gemma, 12, Croydon

opening quoteI don't think war is anything to have nightmares about. I mean sure war is REALLY FREAKY but you shouldn't let it bother you unless someone close to you is fighting.closing quote
Kim, 12, New York City, USA

opening quoteI live in the USA so the war is really, really scaring me, but I've never had trouble sleeping.closing quote
Christine, 12, Huron

opening quoteI've just woke up from a dream that I was in the doctors and we had to shut all the doors because my house was being bombed-it was really horrible and freaky!closing quote
Lydia, 12, Northants

opening quoteI DON'T have any bad dreams about the war. I think we should be grateful that we aren't being bombed!closing quote
Alice, 11, Gosport

opening quoteThe other night I dreamt I was watching the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. At the end the war of the ring turned into the real war, there was blood and explosions everywhere, all the characters were killed and soldiers took their places but were mown down...it was horrible!closing quote
Ceinwen, 13, Monmouth

opening quoteI have terrible nightmares about Iraq. I'm so confused about what I feel, and this usually affects my sleep. I just dread to think what the innocent people of Iraq have to go through. I'm sure they have much worse nightmares.closing quote
Sophia, 13, Essex

opening quoteI get really scared that the war will cost so much we won't have anything good anymore because all the money is being spent on the war.closing quote
Becky, 13, Hull

opening quoteOn my birthday,I was opening my presents and my dad put the news on. The news was scaring me, I asked if he could change it over. In the end, I went to my room and thought about the war. At 9 o'clock I went to bed and had the worst dream I ever had.closing quote
Alex, 10, Oxford

opening quoteI don't get nightmares, but I still don't think we should of gone to war because many kids are getting too worried and upset about it. I feel really sad when I watch the news... when all these innocent people are killed.closing quote
Martha, 11, Torbay

opening quoteSometimes I feel as though I'm stuck in the middle of the war and I can't break free. I get really upset and emotional.closing quote
Katie, 11, Harrogate

opening quoteWar is horrible! I'm really lucky that I never had bad dreams about the war, but sometimes when I'm watching the news, I feel very sad!closing quote
Emily, 14, Orlando

opening quoteI sometimes dream that I'm in the middle of the war I'm so upset with it.closing quote
Katy, 13, Whitworth

opening quoteI haven't had problems sleeping, but sometimes when watching the news I get freaked out.closing quote
Carys, 13, Derby

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
WorldMy dad was taken by the Iraqi army
Find OutSpecial section on Iraq crisis
Find OutFind out about the UN
VoteShould there be a war with Iraq?
ClubBombing Iraq won't solve anything

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Britain gives Iraq 'last chance' before war
US sends more troops out to Iraq
Six Iraqis killed in US-UK air attacks
'Saddam should go' say Gulf states

BORDER=0

Web Links
BORDER=0
Foreign Office
Note: You will leave CBBC. We are not responsible for other websites.

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Who influences you the most? Vote: who influences you the most?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Rings Slider Challenge Play our tricky Rings Slider game!
Guides A-Z
A clickable list of all our guides
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club