Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Is football the ultimate sport?
Updated 09 April 2003, 10.46

A new survey has shown that there are now more girls' football teams than netball teams.

It seems that girls are just as football crazy as boys. But do you think it is the best sport?

Is it the king of games, or just 22 people chasing a bag of wind around a field?

opening quoteFootball is easily the best sport. Why? It requires strength, fitness, strategy, a whole lot of skill and teamwork. It's exciting because every moment is different unlike repetitive sports like rugby, cricket and tennis. It also unites people because its a sport that ANYONE can get involved in at some level, either watching or participating. No other sport even comes close. Football totally rules.closing quote
Faiza, 15, Surrey

opening quoteTennis is the best game in the world, by a long way!closing quote
Faiza, 15, Surrey

opening quoteFootball is the most boring sport in the world. I would rather watch the cricket.closing quote
Stephen, 16, Ormskirk

opening quoteFootball is a bit hit but now people are not realising other sports. Fortunately cricket is coming back even though I dont like it but at least people will shut up about football.closing quote
Preety, 14, Richmond

opening quoteFootball is rubbish! It's soooooo boring. How much skill do you need to kick a ball around? I don't mind playing it with my mates but when its on TV I change the channel. I much prefer rugby and its players. They're better looking! closing quote
Caz, 13, Dundee

opening quoteI prefer rugby and cricket, but still, football rules! closing quote
Ed, Northants

opening quoteI have been playing netball for ages on school teams and it is definitely not a boring game. It is if you can't play or haven't been taught properly but if you have evenly matched good teams there is a lot of fun to be had. Learn to play properly and then make a judgement. closing quote
Hannah, 14, Nottingham

opening quoteI think that football is a very good game and that everyone should be able to play whatever they want to play. It doesn't bother me closing quote
Ronnie, 10, Plymouth

opening quoteNetball is beta van footie. i play 4 my skool and a club in glasgo and altho i luv 2 watch footie i wood rather play netball van footie closing quote
Stacey, 13, Stirling

opening quoteFootball is absolutely the best sport ever to be invented. It's sooooo much fun!!! Netball is alright but not by far better then footie. closing quote
Paige, 12, Brighton

opening quoteOf course it is, footy rules as do Watford F.C. closing quote
Max, 11, Watford

opening quoteSoccer is the world's most popular sport! People all over go crazy for the sport.....that speaks for itself! closing quote
Liz, 13, USA

opening quoteNo way at all! All you do is kick a ball around and there are much more interesting sports than that! closing quote
Lydia, 12, Northants

opening quoteNetball is sooo much better than football. closing quote
Emma, 13, London

opening quoteI'd rather watch my cat watch my brother watching paint dry! Rugby is DEFINITELY better. closing quote
Rhiannon, 14, Cardiff

opening quoteI love football and always play with my mates, but we aren't allowed to play it as school as it is still thought of as a boys game. They make girls play netball and most of us hate it! closing quote
Lisa, 13, Ipswich

opening quoteNo way - there is not much skill involved in soccer. Gaelic games are way better. They're always exciting to watch and you get more enjoyment out of playing them, plus Gaelic football is the REAL football closing quote
Brid, 14, Dublin

opening quoteI love football!!! I'm a girl, and I played for Arsenal under 14s for a year. It's so much more interesting than any other sport. closing quote
Ellie, 14, London

opening quoteNo way! Rugby is so much better. I HATE football, it is really boring.closing quote
Orla, 9, London

opening quoteFootie is the best game in the world, by a long way!closing quote
Joe, 12, Chester

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
GamesTry our Penalty game
ChatChat about football

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Football girls give netball the boot
Beckham booted into touch in the US

BORDER=0

Web Links
BORDER=0
England Netball
Women's Football
Note: You will leave CBBC. We are not responsible for other websites.

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club