Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Tell us your wacky hair stories
Updated 24 February 2003, 14.55

Comic Relief has been launched and this year's theme is all about wacky hair.

So we want to know what's the craziest thing you've ever done with your hair?

Ever had a bad bleaching experience and gone green?

What's the wackiest hairstyle you've ever seen? Or maybe you've got something planned for Comic Relief?

What ever your plans, let us know!

opening quoteI put temporary hair stuff on my hair over one weekend but I forgot to take it out for school. So when I got to school I stuck my head under a tap and washed it out as best I could with hot water. I couldn't dry it properly so I went round school with my hair all wet that morning. Whoops.closing quote
Steph, 13, Wolverhampton

opening quoteMy hair got died pink when it was meant to go red...it never totally came out and now my hair's all patchy!!!closing quote
Katie, 13, Staffordshire

opening quoteMy wackiest style is when I get up in the morning and it's all stuck up.closing quote
Laura, 14, England

opening quoteI wanted to get my hair layered because my friend got hers done and it looked really good. When the lady was done I HAD A MULLET! The worst part about it was I couldn't even put it up! It was so ugly. closing quote
Christa, 14, Canada

opening quoteWell, once for wacky hair day at school, I put my hair into 3 pony tails and spray painted my hair pink and then walked around all day and stuck stuff in my hair, I even had a straw and a fork in my hair, to this day me and my friends joke about a supernatural life form sucking out and eating my brains LOL! closing quote
Amethyst, 13, USA

opening quoteOne xmas my brother sprayed his hair red. We went to my Granny's house with our cousins and it snowed. We had a snowball fight and the snow turned pink! closing quote
Ros, 11, Leckhamtpon

opening quoteIt's not really wacky, but my hair is so long I can sit on it! closing quote
Suzanne, 14

opening quoteOnce for a disco, I put pink highlights in my hair, but it didn't come out, we had to dye it back!!!!!!!!!!!!! closing quote
Lisa, 13, Liverpool

opening quoteI once put the whole of my hair in really small and really tight plaits and when I took them out three days later, my hair woz sooo frizzy that It took at least 4 days to return back to bring straight!! closing quote
Fayona, 12, Chester

opening quoteMy mum said my friends could put blonde highlights in my hair but for a joke they died it pink! My whole hair was pink! I had to wait three days for it to dye out! closing quote
Danielle, 9, London

opening quoteIt was Halloween, and my friend brought over some hair supplies and she and I dyed our hair extremely bright silver and magenta and put our hair into creepy looking pigtails with glitter everywhere you couldn't even tell my hair was brown! closing quote
Samantha, 14, Bolingbrook

opening quoteWhen I was 9 we had a wacky hair day at school and instead of dying my hair like everyone else I got my hair into loads of sections and put zips in them. My hair looked a bit too wacky! closing quote
Lydia, 13, Enfield

opening quoteI love my hair to much to wreck it with dyes. But my mate Em had brown hair, then dyed it blonde, then red, then her hair was red, blonde and brown, then she got auburn highlights on top of her three coloured hair and then it became four different colours and it finally grew out and she cut all the dye out. Really, brown is a good colour for her! closing quote
Patricia, 13

opening quoteI have never needed to do anything to make my hair wacky! I've got the curliest hair ever - it's mental! closing quote
Michaela, 15, Lancs

opening quoteWhen I was about 7 I got a pair of scissors and just cut my hair. It was such a mess I had to have my hair cut really short ! closing quote
Leah, 12, Wolverhampton

opening quoteAt school it was a Wacky Hair Day so I sprayed white hair spray all over my hair. It went a bit wrong so all my hair got covered in white spray. Everybody at school said I looked like an old granny! It was soooooooo embarrassing! closing quote
Zara, 11, Manchester

opening quoteI once put all my hair in plaits and after about 2 months with them in I took them out and my hair was soooooooooooo frizzy and didn't look right! I had to straighten it 5 times to get it back. closing quote
Victoria, 12, Glasgow

opening quoteMy friend tried to dye her hair dark purple but it went bright orange with red streaks! Now we can always see her wherever she goes, it's so bright. closing quote
Stephanie, 12, Hereford

opening quoteI had blonde highlights painted on, but I went in the swimming pool just after and the chlorine made them turn bright green! closing quote
Sophie, 10, France

opening quoteI dyed my hair shocking PINK - but it was for children in need raising money, but I still kept it in for a couple more months! I don't think I'll have it again though! closing quote
Michelle, 14, Stoke on Trent

opening quoteI've had my hair long, short n'spiky and I've also been completely bald! I have tried dying my hair a lot, but my hair is stubborn and wont take any dye, so I end up with vague traces of red. closing quote
Helen, 14

opening quoteI once crimped my hair really heavily with a deep wave crimper and I looked as if I'd had an electric shock! closing quote
Sophie, 10, Gosport

opening quoteI'm going to dye my hair purple for Comic Relief. The school is going to kill me! closing quote
Alice, 13, Askett

opening quoteI once had purple and black hair extensions. They were really cool but when I went to have them cut out the hairdresser took to much of so I ended up with really short hair! luckily it looked quite good on me. closing quote
Astrid, 13, Bristol

opening quoteMy hair is all short on top and on the sides, but long at the back. I've put streaks in it, and spiked the top. It looks awesome! closing quote
Rich, 13, Cambridge

opening quoteI'm going to dye my hair bright yellow! closing quote
Rhea, 14, Northants

opening quoteMy hair used to be plain brown but now I've dyed it a deep red! It looks wicked! closing quote
Megan, 10, Glasgow

opening quoteI had my hair put in a French plait for my ballet exam. I pulled it apart when I got home, and my hair is naturally curly anyway, so it just went crazy! I looked like Hermione on a bad hair day! closing quote
Leah, 13, Reading

opening quoteMy hair was frosted into spikes and each tip was dyed all different colours! closing quote
Suggs, 12, Tooting Bec

opening quoteI want to go pink, purple, or dye my hair permanently with henna so it goes a dark orange. hopefully doing it over half term(but I'm not sure if my parents will let me!) closing quote
Vikki, 13, Ipswich

opening quoteI had my hair dyed blue once and it looked good! closing quote
Karen, 16, Wokingham

opening quoteI'm planning to dye my hair blue soon! I have long thick Chestnut hair and I'm getting bored of it. Blue here I come! closing quote
Imogen, 12 Isle of Wight

opening quoteI had my hair dyed orange for Halloween. When I tried to wash it out I had a look at the bottle and it was permanent. I had to dye my hair black to cover it.(ooooops) closing quote
Hayley, 14, Portsmouth

opening quoteI've had my hair in all braids, and streaked my hair purple, pink, blue, and green! It looked awesome! (It was for Halloween...) closing quote
Kayleigh, 14, Weathersfield, USA

opening quoteI went pink, just like Kelly Osbourne for a bit. It looked wicked!closing quote
Emily, 14, Leeds

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

More InfoBORDER=0
VoteVote on crazy commonwealth hair
VoteComic Relief survey

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Blue's Duncan has cooler hair than Becks
New pix of the longest ear hair ever
Alex 'offered 1m for hair ads'

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club