Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What do u think of Fame Academy?
Updated 21 October 2002, 18.08
Fame Academy logo
The Fame Academy opened its doors on Friday night and we were introduced to the lucky students.

They'll have to go through a hard 12-week term of singing, dancing and song-writing lessons whilst being filmed 24 hours a day.

But are you gonna be watching them?

You can also vote on how good the show is by clicking here

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteI think that fame academy should be made later on in the year and not so close to Popstars: the Rivals. It is probably just made to make money, as a quick replacement for or to compete with Popstars. closing quote
Chris, 12, Edinburgh

opening quoteFame Academy is rubbish! You can't compare it to Pop Idol or Big Brother! closing quote
Sophie, 10, Sheffield

opening quoteI'm really fed up of manufactured bands and groups that form from pathetic tele programs! I watched it and I think the second lot of the three singers that got in were awful! keep it real guys! ;) closing quote
Sophia, 15, Devon

opening quoteHello? Are you all deaf? They can't sing! I'm not saying I'm the best singer on the planet - coz I'm not - but to tell you the truth, Fame Academy is a good idea - but whoever chose the contestants needs their ears tested! closing quote
Emmy, 14, London

opening quoteI think Fame Academy is a good idea, because then the contestants will realise how hard they will have to work if they make it big! closing quote
Francesca, 13, Newport

opening quoteDoes Britain need another one of these shows? No. What's the point? The performances they did were awful and really tacky. It was almost as bad as Popstars the Rivals, and that is bad. closing quote
Heather, 14, Cheshire

opening quoteI loved it, and Pippa should definitely win! I'm glad The BBC launched Fame Academy - it's wicked! closing quote
Geraldine, 14, Inverness

opening quoteThis one seems to have a little more to it than Popstars, Pop Idol etc. It works them hard and they already have talent. It's still kind of corny though. closing quote
Caroline, 14, Exeter

opening quoteI thought Camilla woz wkd. She has fantastic vocals and the fact that she is a songwriter is amazing 2. I think she will b popular!:) closing quote
Stephanie, 14, Leics

opening quoteI think it was OK. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It's sorta like Popstars/Big Brother with a bit of Pop Idol in it. I don't think it will be as popular as the other programmes tho. closing quote
Laura, 15, Hampshire

opening quoteI think they are all wicked and we will see more talent shining when they are less nervous! Pippa to win! closing quote
Kat, Hull

opening quoteIs there not enough of these on already? I mean Popstars is on ITV on Saturdays. What is the point of them both? They'll both bring out some half-talented singers, who are forgotten after a while! And I agree, bring My Family back to Fridays. closing quote
Clare, 13, Essex

opening quoteAfter all the hype, I was expecting something really good, but it was rubbish! Popstars is still the best :) closing quote
Caz, 13, London

opening quoteI think it's just the BBC's sad attempt at trying to keep up with ITV1's Popstar shows (Pop Idol, Popstars the Rivals). They should stick to quality stuff like EastEnders and Newsround :-) closing quote
Skip, 13, West London

opening quoteI thought it was quite good, but the only really talented ones were Sinead and Marli. In fact I thought the three who the public had to vote for to get in were better than some of the ones chosen in the first place!! At least the people on this show have some real talent, unlike Popstars. But if Sinead or Marli doesn't win it will all have been a waste of time. closing quote
Martin, 15, Glasgow

opening quoteI think it was excellent. I loved the girl who got in 12th she was brill and so were the others. closing quote
Ally, 14, Lincoln

opening quoteI thought 'how on earth did some of them get into a fame academy?! Some of the singing was terrible, and I think that some of the judges need their ears testing!!! I didn't watch all of it, I thought I'd seen enough in the first 10 minutes! closing quote
Jade, 14, Leics

opening quoteI think it was really boring and I am never going to watch it again. I say bring back My Family to Fridays.closing quote
Martin, 11, Potters Bar

opening quoteI thought it was good but I wanted *David* to get in :(closing quote
Meg, 12, Hitchin

opening quoteIt didn't really catch me! I'm sure it's a really good program for the people that like that sort of stuff.closing quote
Ewan, 13, Scotland

opening quoteI didn't bother watching it! The name gives the wrong impression. It's just another version of Popstars. What's the point in looking at people singing and dancing, it just makes them one of these things: envious, big-headed, gets their hopes up about getting a singing career -- or just DEAD BORED! closing quote
Sophie, 10, France

opening quoteI think that they are all really talented, and so lucky to be working with such amazing people in the music business!!! closing quote
Sam, 14, London

opening quoteI think that Fame Academy is rubbish - it's just another stupid attempt at Popstars. I'm getting tired of all these audition shows. They're all the same.closing quote
Julia, 13, Lisburn

opening quoteI love it and I think the girls are all very good looking. closing quote
Luke, 12, Crowbrough

opening quoteI think it's rubbish! I'm not going to be wasting my time watching that! I'd watch it if I wanted to get to sleep!closing quote
Amber, 13, London

opening quoteTo put it nicely I found it borin! I didn't fink ne of dem could sing well at all apart from Lemar and Camilla! I'll watch it next week and see if it's ne better but I doubt it will be! PS - Pippa was a terrible singer and her clothes were horrid!!! closing quote
Lizzie, 13, Jersey

opening quoteThe blonde haired one can NOT sing at all! But The one who looks like Mel B is GREAT! I can tell this is going to be popular! Anyone agree? closing quote
Claire, 12, Blackburn

opening quoteI liked the song they sang at first but I think they can't sing as well as I imagined! closing quote
Kelly, 12, Halifax

opening quoteIt was great, I think Katie has such a strong voice and she's only 18! The other contestants who caught my eye were Camilla, Marli and Pippa. I voted for Sinead to get in! It was good, but I wish it was on Thursdays. My Family moving to Thursday means I can never watch it coz I'm at drama rehearsals and I always hav to record it! closing quote
Laura, 13, Southampton

opening quoteIt's brilliant! Brilliantly awful! It soo rubbish and it's just BB with Pop Idol! closing quote
Louise, 12, Chelmsford

opening quoteIt's a bit like a posh version of Pop Idol! I thought it was good, I can tell I'll end up watching it every week. I thought the contestants were great singers, and the prize for whoever wins is excellent! closing quote
Ceri, 14, Monmouth

opening quoteI think that Camilla was brill! I like Lemar too. I think most of them are great, and some may even get a recording contract as a result of Fame Academy, but not the lifestyle for a year. I think it's going to be great fun! closing quote
Dani, 13, Leics

opening quoteI loved it! I really liked the song that they sang at the beginning, and then the one where 4 people sang a bit of '' Say My Name ''. closing quote
Zagam ,12, Manchester

opening quoteI think that the final 3 sounded better than some of da first 11 - but they all have a good chance!! closing quote
Krissie, 14

opening quoteIt is FAB! But it's been rushed into a bit closing quote
Luke, 14, Birmingham

opening quoteDefinitely not the best... But I think most of the girls have got real potential to be something good! closing quote
Emery, 12, Hull

opening quoteIt's rather unoriginal, all they've done is combined Big Brother with Pop Idol, but then it will probably be very popular. closing quote
Nicholas, 11, Welwyn Garden City

opening quoteIt was OK but in a way I think it's just another Big Brother! closing quote
Lydia, 12, Northants

opening quoteI think the Fame Academy is a great idea. People might have a great future career taking part in it. closing quote
Clare, 11, Dorset

opening quoteThere was one bloke who honestly couldn't sing!! I thought Sinead was really good and I voted for her and I'm so glad she got in!! The lass who's blonde, favourite colour pink and a Cancer kinda freaked me out.....she's EXACTLY like my best mate!! closing quote
Louise, 12, Newbury Park

opening quoteI think some of their singing was a bit dodgy!closing quote
Amy, 11, Doncaster

More InfoBORDER=0
Find OutFULL Fame Academy section
VoteVote: Is the Academy a good show?

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Students prepare to enter Fame Academy
We look inside the Fame Academy mansion
Details of Academy prize revealed

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Full section
News index

DAILY UPDATE
VOTES
PICTURE GALLERIES
VITAL INFO
QUIZZES
GAMES
SHOWDOWN LOWDOWN
CHAT
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Lizo will answer your questions from America Lizo answers your sniper questions
Check out the latest from Fame Academy!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club