Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What's your nu-metal song of the year?
Updated 10 September 2002, 16.48
What nu-metal track really makes you rock?
The Kerrang! awards took place on Tuesday night.

Best Single went to Blurry with Puddle of Mud, while the prize for the Best Band In The World went to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Click here to see pix from the Kerrang! awards

But would you have voted for them? Which nu-metal band has rocked your world this year?

Click here to read how Slipknot rocked Reading

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteSorry all you nu-metallers, I'm a pop fan through and through! Having said that I do like Badly Drawn Boy's Something to Talk About! Some bands, not naming names, but Slipknot are well cruel to animals-throwing guts at fans! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!closing quote
Laura, 13, Southampton

opening quoteI've been into Limp Bizkit since I was about 11 and the Red Hot Chilli Pepers since I was seven. Pop is just all the same!! Nu-metal and Rock is unique. My favourite band at the moment is SOAD as they are not like any other band I've ever heard!!closing quote
Philly, 14, Birmingham

opening quoteMy Friends Over You by New Found Glory is a realy gud song! Also, If a nu-metal song is in the pop charts it means it's popular to the nu-metal listeners, not everyone!closing quote
Kris, 14, Bewdley

opening quoteI think mine has to be red hot chilli peppers (as always!) Their newest single 'by the way' is rocking in more ways than one !closing quote
Katie, 12, Bury St Edmunds

opening quoteEveryone is getting into music which they don't actually like they'e just doing it cause their mates are and to look cool.If you really love rock u will listen to all the classics that started this stuff!closing quote
Tasha, 14, Salisbury

opening quoteI think the best song is Underdose by InMe! closing quote
Tom, 11, Pershore

opening quoteLinkin Park's In The End and Feeder's Just a Day, because they are both great records and you can listen to them more than once and not get bored.closing quote
Randall, 15, Cumbria

opening quoteI like nu-metal, but I think it's sad the way that kids think listening to pop is old. Sometimes the bands sound as if they're screaming the words, I don't think that's really music.closing quote
Anika, 12, Essex

opening quoteWhy best nu-metal song of the year? Why not best alternative song of the year? Nu-metal has been watered down it was good in its early days with Sepultura and "EARLY" Limp Bizkit and Korn. The best song of the year so far is easily Norah Jones "Don't Know Why".closing quote
Zheridell, 16, Wirral

opening quotePop is so old now. Nu metal is the new pop. Pop's days are over. I like Sum41, Greenday and Linkin Park.closing quote
Joe, 10, Poole

opening quoteMy fave song is also Feeder's Just a day. They're my favourite band even though they are indie rock, but I just thought I'd give them a mention.closing quote
Calum, 14, Hamilton

opening quoteLinkin Park's Papercut is definitely the best! It combines a lot of sounds, resulting in a masterpiece! I love it!closing quote
Taina, 14, Cornwall

opening quoteInMe are soo amazing, Dave is a hydroelectric piece of goodness.closing quote
Cat, 15, Coventry

opening quoteAlthough I like rock music, I think nu-metal sucks. These are bands who are trying to be like Nivava, but will never be as good. There are plenty of good rock bands, who have their own style and don't try to be people they're not. Get yourself to a festival and listen to some real music! closing quote
Clare, 13, Essex

opening quoteThe Calling's the best band in the history of the world. Their best song has to be 'Nothing's Changed' from their album 'Camino Palmero', but they also have other hits on their hands, like 'Adrienne' and 'Could It Be Harder'. Forget Westlife!closing quote
Hannah, 12, Milton Keynes

opening quoteGot to agree with Emma there, i am certainly not the type of girl who listens to stuff like Slipknot! I'd rather much kiss a pig than listen to nu-metal!closing quote
Amber, 13, London

opening quoteThe best nu metal song of the year would be Linkin Park's Papercut or Slipknot's 'My Plague'. But Nirvana are still and always will be the best band EVER!!!!closing quote
Rhian, 13, Newbridge

opening quoteIsn't it obvious? it has to be Limp Bizkit, Boiler. It has great lyrics, hardly any swearwords and a great beat and they are very talented! They are the best band ever with the best songs ever!closing quote
Emily, 11, Birmingham

opening quoteI love nu-metal! My favourite bands are Creed, Nickelback, Hoobastank and The Calling. I think nu-metal has yet to become more popular.closing quote
Helen, 14, Cheshire

opening quoteI absolutely love Sum 41. They are the best band around. They should win the Best Album award for All Killer No Filler (coz I love it) and the Best Band in the World award coz they are the best!!!closing quote
Vanessa, 13, East Molesey

opening quoteI really like indie and nu-metal sounds such as Oasis, The Calling, Sum 41( the best band in the whole universe) and Green Day.closing quote
Laura, 14, North Yorkshire

opening quoteI hate nu-metal bands, especially Linkin Park, because their music is so unoriginal and boring.closing quote
Sophia, 14, London

opening quoteOkay, lots of people have been putting Sum41 and Blink182 down as nu-metal, but they aren't. Sum41 are pop-punk whilst Blink182 are punk-rock (their sounds are a lot more matured and varied). Nu-metal is when a band has a sampler in the band (i.e. Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot etc) So my fave nu-metal song would probably be Slipknot's 'My Plague'.closing quote
Sophie, 15, Hull

opening quoteI wouldn't choose any nu-metal songs because they're all a load of rubbish. Pop music is must more better and people sing better on it, not scream!closing quote
Lydia, 12, Northampton

opening quoteMost of you are saying that you think the Linkin Park, Sum 41 and Blink 182 are good nu metal. They aren't even nu-metal. All of these groups were in the pop charts, so that obviously means that they are pop!! Besides, in my opinion, they are all pathetic!! Good nu-metal requires talent, a good singing voice and good lyric writing!!closing quote
Sarah, 13, Ireland

opening quoteI've got to agree with James. Everything's about the popular new bands who'll probably be gone soon anyway. Nirvana are the best band ever. They may not still be together but their music lives on. Smashing Pumpkins rock 2.closing quote
Sarah, 14, Swansea

opening quoteI'm not too sure if this is nu-metal , I thought it was rock but I'm in love with Feeder's Just a day.closing quote
Rachael, 13, Scotland

opening quote'Where ever you will go' by The Calling is THE BEST song this year. The calling are so musically talented and Alex is so yummy!closing quote
Emma, 13, Linlithgow

opening quoteAnything by Linkin' Park especially Crawling.closing quote
Rob, 13, Hove

opening quoteI totally agree with Jack, Linkin Park's Papercut! But I also like Sum 41's Fat Lip and Blink 182's First Date. But Linkin Park are definitely my 1st choice!closing quote
Kayleigh, 14, Wethersfield, USA

opening quoteWe think that nu-metal music is way too cool for school! In too deep by Sum41 is legendary. Nu metal lives on!closing quote
Loz & Ames, 9 & 10, Kettering

opening quoteI loved Puddle of Mudd's blurry. It rocked and deserved 2B a huge hit. Also Marilyn Manson's Tainted LV - dat wz prolly my bst vid of d year.closing quote
Fred, 13, Doncaster

opening quoteI don't listen to nu-metal, urban, garage and R&B are way betta.closing quote
Rachel, 13, Grantham

opening quoteAnything by Sum 41, Blink 182, New Found Glory, Bowling for Soup, I don't listen to anything else, how can people listen to Britney Spears or S club?closing quote
Emma, 13, Epsom

opening quoteNu-metal again?, There's other types of much better rock music. Once again I see you making a fuss over whatever is popular, Newsround. Of this year's new releases, Custom - Hey Mister, Thoria - I Got Satan, Hundred Reasons - I'll Find you, Teneciaus D - Tribute, Soilwork - Bulletbeast,[spunge] -Jump on Demand but Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, Slayer will always be the best.closing quote
James, 14, Abercynon

opening quoteSum41- Fat lip.closing quote
Rachel, 13, Lincoln

opening quoteI don't like nu-metal at all. I think the music is really loud and violent and I don't like it at all. Slipknot is vulgar for throwing animal guts at all of their fans... I don't see how I could like a band like Slipknot.closing quote
Emma, 14, Notting Hill

opening quoteFor me it has to be Linkin Park and the best song is Papercut from the Hybrid Theory album. I don't care if other bands were supposedly first, Linkin Park are the best!closing quote
Jack, 14, Isle of Man

More InfoBORDER=0
MusicKerrang! awards 2002: The winners
MusicSlipknot rock Reading
PicturesKerrang! awards pix
PicturesSlipknot pix

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Kerrang! awards: It rocks!
Slipknot to throw animal guts over fans
Nickelback singer named ugliest in rock!

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Join our hot Potter message board!
Check out the latest from Fame Academy!
>>BBCi:
Win a pair of space binoculars!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club