Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Have you used the euro?
Updated 18 August 2002, 12.45

In case you didn't know, Europe has new money, it's called the euro and it's meant to make spending easier.

Did you get a chance to use it on your hols? What do you think of the new currency?

We are no longer taking e-mails on this topic. Please scroll down to read what you had to say...

Go to the form

opening quoteI think the Euro is easier to use. It makes it easier when you go on holiday to different countries because you don't have to change currently. It is also fun because you can collect the coins from different countries.closing quote
Rachel, 11, Belgium

opening quoteI used the euro when I went to Disneyland Paris three weeks ago. It is pretty easy to use and not that different from English money. It's a good idea coz now you can use the same money in any European country without the fuss of changing money up. Very efficient - :)closing quote
Gary, 16, London

opening quoteI think Britain should join the euro and stop being so stubborn. None of the other countries that joined have complained about losing their individuality, it would bring Europe closer together.closing quote
Clare, 13, Essex

opening quoteI think Britain should join the euro and stop being so stubborn. None of the other countries that joined have complained about losing their individuality, it would bring Europe closer together.closing quote
Caitlin, 14, Derry

opening quoteI think that using the euro is not that bad, but I think we should keep the pound.closing quote
Julia, 12, Manchester

opening quoteWake up! Welcome to the real world, it would be just much easier to use the euro and there is no point being sentimental about our current currency when people managed to change the currency before in this country. WHY SHOULD BRITAIN ALWAYS BE DIFFERENT???closing quote
John, 15, Penzance

opening quoteI think the euro is great and easy to use but I think I'd prefer the pound still!closing quote
Hayley, 13, Middlesbrough

opening quoteI used the euro this summer and while I think it's a great idea for mainland Europe, I don't think we have to change our currency. We already have stability with our currency and I don't want to lose our individuality. Also, I still don't think the notes are as pretty as our pound notes.closing quote
Kim, 15, Lancaster

opening quoteI've used the euro a lot since the new year. I think it's really cool that people in Europe don't have to swap their money every time they cross the border. I think England should join if we can, but I don't really understand all the rate stuff that means it would be bad for us to join right now.closing quote
Kim, 12, Reading

opening quoteThe pound is definitely a British symbol. I think we should keep it, so as to maintain our individuality. On the other hand, it would make travelling within Europe a lot easier, without having to convert money and figure out just how euros you can get out of 20?!closing quote
Bonny, 12, Liverpool

opening quoteI've used the euro in Italy, it's just as easy as our money.closing quote
Steffie, 12, Wakefield

opening quoteI used the euro in France but it just made me spend more!closing quote
Sarah, 14

opening quoteI've used the euro when I went to Greece, they are quite hard to understand. Even the shop keepers in Greece didn't know how to work it out! I don't see the point of changing the money all the time. It will just confuse people.closing quote
Shelly, 13, London

opening quoteI've used the euro in France and it's easy to understand but I want to keep the pound because it'll just be boring having the same currency everywhere!closing quote
Freya, 11, Bristol

opening quoteI think that the euro is alright. But most currency change websites have not updated, so you can't see the exchange rate for euros which is going to be a problem because I am going to Belgium, Netherlands and France today and they all use the euro.closing quote
Kriti, 12, Essex

opening quoteI think the euro is OK, but I still think we should keep the pound in Britain.closing quote
Trisha, 14, Cardiff

More InfoBORDER=0
Find OutOur guide to the euro
ClubNew year, new money

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Celebrations as new euro is born
Euro ready to go across Europe

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now: