Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

What's so special about EastEnders?
Updated 21 May 2002, 09.59
The Slaters in EastEnders
EastEnders has cleaned up at the latest soap awards - again!

What makes the Albert Square soap so popular? Why do you love it?

Or do you hate it and can't understand why it always wins prizes?

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteEastenders is so amazing, not because of the actors and not because of the story lines. The real reason why it's so good is because after watching EastEnders, no matter how hard or miserable your life seems, watching their depressing lives makes you feel so much better about your own life!closing quote
Emily, 15, Aberdare

opening quoteI LOVE EastEnders. Ithink it's good because it covers real-life dramas even though they are very exaggerated. I was very pleased when Kacey won the award for Mo? She was really good at it. GO Eastenders, you rule!closing quote
Natalie, 13, Romford

opening quoteEastEnders is definitely the best soap on TV and I am glad that it got so many awards. I think it is the best soap because of the talented actors. closing quote
Hollie, 12, Cambs

opening quoteI like EastEnders as it covers real life issues, but the storylines repeat themselves too much and it can get extremely boring!closing quote
Laura, 14, Brentwood

opening quoteAll they do is argue. It is impossible to have one happy EastEnders family.closing quote
Laura ,12

opening quoteEastEnders isn't the best thing on TV, but it's definitely the best soap. I think it's great that Kacey Ainsworth won best actress as she was brilliant with the 'Is Mo guilty?' story line and the Kat-Zoe storyline deserves to win the best storyline because every minute was excellent and the acting was true to life. Well Done EastEnders!
opening quote
Beth, 13, Aberystwyth

opening quoteEastEnders isn't the best thing on TV, but it's definitely the best soap. I think it's great that Kacey Ainsworth won best actress as she was brilliant with the 'Is Mo guilty?' story line and the Kat-Zoe storyline deserves to win the best storyline because every minute was excellent and the acting was true to life. Well Done EastEnders!
opening quote
Beth, 13, Aberystwyth

opening quoteI think EastEnders is boring and is always the same in *every* episode! Someone dies and someone goes to Spain because they're bankrupt! closing quote
Kimberley,14, Ipswich

opening quoteI think EastEnders is really good, but I don't see what the big fuss is all about! It's just the same as all the other soaps!! closing quote
Louise, 10, Wigan

opening quoteEastEnders is the best soap on TV. It raises loads of issues which affect people , it's got comedy, action and romance and it's something you just cuddle up on the sofa and watch . A definite HIT ! closing quote
Katie, 14, west Wales

opening quoteI think it's terrible coz everyone's so nasty to each other. Can't they have one happy couple? Is that too much to ask? But what I hate most is when you have finished watching it you feel all in a bad mood or you're upset coz someone did something stupid again. I like to leave the TV happy not sad. closing quote
Debs, 15, Manchester

opening quoteEastEnders is BRILLIANT. I never miss an episode, the story lines are SO good and it's always different. closing quote
Jen, 13, Farnborough

opening quoteIt's funny and deals with real life issues. closing quote
Ewan, 13, Livingston

opening quoteI'm not interested in it at all. It's just so....annoying!closing quote
Jade, 13

opening quoteEastEnders might be miserable and full of oldies, but the storylines are gold! Who can ever beat the Kat-Zoe scene - "You're not my mother" - "Yes I am!" Wow.closing quote
Charlotte, 12, St Albans

opening quoteEastEnders is so cool. It's got great characters, brill stories and Jack Ryder!closing quote
Nikki, 14, Stoke
closing quote
closing quote
closing quote
closing quote

More InfoBORDER=0
TV/FilmEastEnders wins big at soap awards
TV/FilmSoap awards: the winners
PicturesPix from the soap awards
ChatChat about soaps
VoteVote for your fave TV show
QuizTry our EastEnders quiz

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Top secret verdict for EastEnder Little Mo
Kylie and Kat top celeb poll
Queen meets EastEnders cast
EastEnders causes child helpline rush

BORDER=0

BBC Links
BORDER=0
EastEnders

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club