Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Have you got the Harry Potter DVD yet?
Updated 13 May 2002, 19.22

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone has finally been released on DVD and video and is set to smash sales records.

So after all this waiting, have you got yours yet?

Is it as good as you remember or even better?

Or did you get so bored of waiting you're not going to bother buying it?

Let us know!

Go to the form

opening quoteI LOVE it!! Especially the deleted scenes, the Christmas one is SSSOOO sweet and I think it shouldn't of been deleted at all.closing quote
Jen, 13, Farnborough

opening quoteI have got the video as I don't have a DVD Player! I was a bit disappointed as the video didn't have all the extras so people without a DVD player are a bit left out!closing quote
Daisy, 12, Harrogate

opening quoteI am gonna get it soon! But I dunno why you Americans are complaining you have to wait, because you get a loads of stuff before us like the game boys and lots of other things!closing quote
April, 11, Jersey

opening quoteI absolutely love it! It was gr8, I woke up this morning at 10 and my mum had already been into town and bought it for me on video and DVD! The DVD extra's are brill and I love the deleted scenes especially the Christmas one..it's soo sad! I love the interview too, getting to see the actors off screen! I can't wait for the 2nd film!!closing quote
Emma, 15, Bristol

opening quoteI can hardly wait till May 28, when the DVD comes out in the US. We pre-ordered it over the internet. It sounds soooo good! My friends all think I'm weird because I am getting so excited for the DVD to come out, but I think it's one of the best movies ever made!closing quote
Victoria, 16, USA

opening quoteI am so jealous of you Brits!! You get the DVD before us on the other side of the pond!! I am so excited for the DVD!! I am really excited to see the film again and for all the extra scenes!! I CAN'T WAIT!closing quote
Ellie, 12, Chicago

opening quoteI got mine from my local WHS and all of the staff were dressed up in HP stuff. The only problem is on my DVD I can't find the deleted scenes either.closing quote
Holly, 14, Manchester

opening quoteIt's driving me nuts knowing that kids all around the UK are watching Harry Potter right now! Being from the USA, for some reason we don't get the dvd until the end of the month. Quite frankly, it isn't very fair. I can't wait to get my hands on my own copy. In the future the US should get something extra for the longer wait!closing quote
Tina, 13, USA

opening quoteI haven't got the DVD yet but I went to a mate's house who did have it and it was GREAT!!!!!closing quote
Sarah, 10, Kingswinford

opening quoteI think that Harry Potter's brilliant and the DVD is really good. But can anyone tell me where the deleted scenes are?closing quote
Cat, 13, Llanelli

opening quoteI got mine on Saturday morning at 8.30 am and got home put it straight on and really enjoyed and I really like the extra discclosing quote
Angharad, 13, Caerphilly

opening quoteI dragged my family into town this morning to get the video of Harry Potter. I have already watched it five times today! It's the best film ever!closing quote
Lisa, 13, Bristol

opening quoteJust got mine, and my it IS good. The bonus features are great fun, and of course the film is good too! You should get yours. closing quote
Samantha, 9, Bromley

opening quoteI got the DVD this morning and it was well worth the wait. The deleted scenes have been cleverly worked in on the bonus disc so that you have to play a short game to get to see them. The film's brilliant and the extras are amazing! 5* film!closing quote
Gemma, 16, London

opening quoteI love the movie and all, but they really should have added more features, like interviews with the actual actors, including Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy). I ordered mine from Amazon, it arrived at about 9am this morning. It was worth it, but there should have been outtakes, interviews, etc.closing quote
Emily, 14, London

opening quoteI got it today (Saturday) and I think it's brilliant. The extra features are really good.closing quote
Ipsita, 12, London

opening quoteI haven't got mine cosIi live in Mexico so I wll need to wait more time. I think Harry Potter and LOTR are very differrent. Harry Potter is cool and tthe other is long and boring so why do you compare them?closing quote
Paco, 15, Mexico, USA

opening quoteMy dad ordered it over the internet. It came from Jersey and we got it on Thursday. I was really happy because it wasn't out yet!closing quote
Laura, 12, Hook

opening quoteIt was wicked. I sent my dad out at midnight to get it when he got home at about 20 to 1 in the morning. I watched it and played with the extra features until half past five in the morning!!!!!!!closing quote
Steph, 12, Borehamwood

opening quoteI got mine this morning on DVD and it's amazing! I love the extra's that you get!closing quote
Nicola, 11, Fareham

opening quoteThe extra scenes are hilarious! I especially like the Leglocker curse scene. It's really funny!closing quote
Laura, 11, Bishops Stortford

opening quoteWOW it's really good! My brother got the video but I wanted the DVD so now we have both!closing quote
Ciara, 13, Ireland

opening quoteI hate Harry Potter. I really don't understand why adults like it, it's just for kids, I certainly am not going to buy the video, why would I want to waste my money?closing quote
Maddie, 14, London

opening quoteI can't wait until it comes out. I have to wait about 20 more days but I can't wait till it comes HARRY IS THE BEST! Thanks JK Rowling, your gr8.closing quote
Holly, 12, Mexico, USA

opening quoteI got mine this morning, WHSmith was packed with people buying it! I found the deleted scenes in the potions section of the classroom on DVD 2, but I don't understand about the heart of the DVD or where to find it. Please Newsround, EXPLAIN!closing quote
Helen, 14, Skipton

opening quoteI've got the new Harry Potter DVD. 1 disk is full of special features & the other 1 is the movie. It's brill.closing quote
Jordan, 9, Blantyre

opening quoteThis has got to be the best DVD of all time! It was expensive but it's worth it, in fact it's so good that I would pay more for it if I had to!closing quote
Sarah, 15, Grimsby

opening quoteI've just come back from town to buy it. I've had a quick look at the missing scenes and had a go on the games and it was DEFINITELY worth the wait! It's brilliant!!!!!!closing quote
Sarah, 16, Liverpool

opening quoteI was really lucky to get mine on Friday on DVD. And although I bought it in Germany I got it in English for 20.closing quote
Claire, 14, Germany

opening quoteI got my copy this morning but Mum said I have to wait untill tonight to watch it but I'm sure it will be great. The extra features sound great!closing quote
Ellen, 12, Salisbury

opening quoteI'd pre-ordered it like in February and I received it this morning at about 10am!! I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't any interviews with the actors and there wasn't enough about the movie...closing quote
Maggie, 13, Cambridge

opening quoteI got the video and I was disappointed cos I thought I wouldn't get any extras on the video but it has 2 bonus scenes after the film.closing quote
Natasha, 11, Shaftesbury

opening quoteI got it this morning and I played the games and watched the film on my dad's computerclosing quote
Sam, 8, Leicester

opening quoteI've just been out and bought mine and it's the best film in the world. Whoever doesn't like it is weird.closing quote
Eloise, 12, Scotland

opening quoteI haven't got mine yet. My mum's making me wait till Monday, when the price goes down...closing quote
Jenny, 16

opening quoteI also have to wait till May 28th. Does the movie hold up on DVD??? Is the extra stuff good? So many questions....closing quote
Laura, 10, Philadelphia, USA

opening quoteThe DVD is absolutely awesomely awsome. I absolutely love it and if there really was a Harry Potter I would kiss his feet! closing quote
Kayla, 12, London

opening quoteI've got it. I thought it would be sold out by the end of the morning but was wrong as the shop Ipurchased it from had shelves full of the blockbuster film! closing quote
Oliver, 14, Bristol

opening quoteIt's the best DVD, it's got unseen footage and games. I love it.closing quote
Ewan, 13, Livingstone

opening quoteI don't have it yet! I live in the U.S. so I have to wait another 17 days, but I think it's definitely going to be worth it!closing quote
Morgan, 17, Kentucky, USA

opening quoteI pre-ordered my DVD on the internet and got it this morning. I thought it would take a few days but now I can watch it and play the games too! Two weeks ago May seemed so far away that I could've died but now that it's here I don't see why we shouldn't be Harry Potter Happy! The only thing that disappointed me was that I couldn't find the cut scenes and I still can't!closing quote
Soraya, 13, Harpenden

opening quoteI'm waiting for mine, I pre-ordered it off the net and it hasn't come yet! I've been going on top H/P sites whilst I'm waiting, from the sound of it, as the film was, it's sure worth while to wait! closing quote
Hannah, 11, Milton Keynes

opening quoteIt's brilliant, the extra features are greatclosing quote
Claudia, 14, Worcester

opening quoteJust got mine, and my God is it good. The bonus features are great fun, and of course the film is good too! closing quote
Harry, 12

opening quoteI've got mine and it was so worth the wait!closing quote
Rob, 13, Cheltenham

opening quoteI haven't got mine cos I didn't think the film was all that good. However, I love the books. Lord of the Rings was much better.closing quote
Francesca, 12, Rossendale

BORDER=0

Your name

Your age

Your town

Your comment

Thanks for your comment. We'll try and put up as many e-mails as possible.
BORDER=0

More InfoBORDER=0
TV/FilmPotter DVD 'to smash records'
TV/FilmWhat's on the Harry Potter DVD?
PicturesPotter DVD launch pics
WinWin Potter DVDs and videos!
QuizTry our Harry Potter quiz
ClubI was at the Potter DVD launch!
ClubReview the Potter DVD

BORDER=0

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now: