Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Are you into graffiti?
Updated 08 May 2002, 14.11

Do you spraypaint the town red? Leave a tag or a love message?

Or do you hate graffiti?

Tell us what you think and leave your e-mail address if you'd like to tell Newsround your story.

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteGraffiti is great! It allows young people to express their feelings without getting into trouble. If places are set aside for graffiti, people who want see it can go to see it.closing quote
Catherine, 13, London

opening quoteGraffiti is horrible if it upsets people , but it is OK if there is a special place where youths are allowed to do it and no harm is done to others.closing quote
Kate, 12, Jersey

opening quoteI think graffiti is alright in the right circumstances, but if you're in a public place then you shouldn't do it!closing quote
Ian, 12, High Wycombe

opening quoteGraffiti makes more work for the cleaners on the streets. It is disgusting. They should put up cameras, so they can be told off. Graffiti spoils the environment.closing quote
Tristan, 9, Hertford

opening quoteI don't like graffiti. If people want to draw then they should do it on paper. How would they like it if they'd spent hours repainting a wall and the next day some kids came and drew all over it? If they want to graffiti something, then they should graffiti their own property, not someone else's!closing quote
Saffron, 13, Doncaster

opening quoteI hate graffiti, it's what yobs do for 'fun'. It's a waste of money and a sorry thing for everyone around!closing quote
Hannah, 11, Milton Keynes

opening quoteI think graffiti is just another form of art. When I walk past any, I look to see if there is anything new.closing quote
Gemma, 14, Taunton

opening quoteI think that if you gave the artists somewhere to practice their art, then everyone would be happier. It works where I live!closing quote
Calista, 15, Kent

opening quoteArt is not something that you should be arrested for. Most young people who graffiti are really good artists, so people should encourage them not arrest them.closing quote
Rachel, 13, Glasgow

opening quoteGraffiti is fine as long as you do it where you're allowed, otherwise it's just vandalism (even if it does express your feelings).closing quote
Harry, 15, London

opening quoteGraffiti is just like any other art, it lets me paint my feelings.closing quote
Tom, 15, Sunderland

More InfoBORDER=0
Club'Graffiti is disgusting'

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club