Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Are kids greener than adults?
Updated 05 April 2002, 15.30

Do children care more about the environment than adults?

Or are grown-ups doing all they can to save the planet?

What would you do to save the trees if you were in charge?

Let us know what you think?

Go to the form

opening quoteI don't think it is true that kids are better because I have seen loads of kids chuck rubbish on the floor and their parents have told them to pick it up!closing quote
Lydia, 12, Northampton

opening quoteI think the blame goes to adults and children! After all, some people are just lazy and can't be bothered to put their rubbish in the bin.closing quote
Valerie, 14, Edinburgh

opening quoteMy dad is general manager of garden centre, so I would say he was greener than I am! He does teach me about plants and how to care for them. A lot of kids drop litter everywhere but they only do what their parents have taught them to do.closing quote
Sarah, 11, Frogmore

opening quoteIt's their generation who've mucked up the planet so I don't think they can care about it very much. But then some kids drop loads of litter so I guess you can't really make a generalisation. I hate to admit it but I'm not very green...I hardly ever drop litter but I rarely think about the environment. My mind is on other things like Harry Potter! closing quote
Jade, 13, Manchester

opening quoteI think that we should encourage more people to start recycling and take more responsibility for our planet so that we don't end up burning off the ozone layer. After all it tries's to protect us from the sun's rays!!! closing quote
Jennifer, 9, Bellshill

opening quoteI don't think we should blame adults because now scientists are coming up with new ways to be greener. They just didn't have the resources when our parents were youngerclosing quote
Calum, 13, Hamilton

opening quoteI think most children do care about the environment and know what to do but just can't be bothered to do it.closing quote
Saleh, 11, Stratford

opening quoteI got my mum and dad to get two bins from the council one for green and recycled things and one for unrecycled things! We are sticking to it!closing quote
Laura, 16, Huddersfield

opening quoteI think that kids care more about it, because adults just throw stuff on the ground and litter, while the kids are trying to pick it up and tell them to pick it up.closing quote
Hannah, 12, South Windsor, USA

opening quoteAdults don't really care what happens because it wont affect them, but it does affect us. We are the ones that have to live with the consequences but they are just selfish and lazy.closing quote
Kate, 12, Westonzoyland

opening quoteI am greener than my mum and dad, but I try to explain to them why I want to do this stuff. They do understand and they are trying to become greener. None of my friends care about the environment and neither does my sister. I shout at them any time they drop litter stuff.They will hopefully become green soon!closing quote
Paula, 12, Greenock

opening quoteHopefully kids are more green, I mean we have to live here still! What other planet are we going to live on if we screw this one up?!closing quote
Casey, 13, London

opening quoteAdults aren't green enough. They won't have to live on the planet after they've messed it up.closing quote
Peter, 13, Tottenham

BORDER=0

Your name

Your age

Your town

Your comment

Thanks for your comment. We'll try and put up as many e-mails as possible.
BORDER=0

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Harry Potter special section All our stories in FULL Harry section
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club