Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Is crime by kids out of control?
Updated 26 March 2002, 11.50

This 11-year-old girl has been arrested 30 times for breaking the law - but she's not alone.

• Two terror teens have rampaged through Weston-super-Mare committing over 100 crimes
  • Triplets from Kent were warned that they could go to prison for five years for their crimes
  • And there have been loads of teen mobile phone muggings

So is crime by kids out of control? Do you know kids who commit crime?

And do you know of some good ideas for cutting it down?

Tell us what you think now!

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteUntil the goverment plan an effective solution for punishing young offenders, youth crime will still go on. People boast about how much they are able to steal or vandalise.closing quote
David, 13, Bangor

opening quoteMany children go around vandalising things because there is nothing else for them to do. I think the government should spend more money on things that children my age can do instead of wasting money on things such as the Domeclosing quote
Jo, 13, Holsworthy

opening quoteKids get out of control easily. But it is not always their fault, it's just their way of feeling better.closing quote
Hattie, 12, Berkshire

opening quoteChildren in bad areas are not looked after. There is always two sides to every story.closing quote
Eve, 11, Cardiff

opening quoteI used to live in London but Mum made us move because she was scared of one family. The kids were really bad but they just followed their parents' example.closing quote
Natalie, 11, Castle Acre

opening quoteThe reason why children are committing crimes is because their parents don't care about them, so the children feel unloved.closing quote
Hayley, 13, Kirkbymoorside

opening quoteI don't think that we should blame the parents because they can't keep an eye on their children 24 hours a day.closing quote
Jac, 11, Carlisle

opening quoteChildren that commit these crimes should be sentenced to tougher punishments and not be tolerated.closing quote
Tom, 14, London

opening quoteThere is a family with three teenage sons who live in the same area as us and they are always in trouble with the police and are all expelled from school.closing quote
Lucy, 10, Sheffield

opening quoteWhat role models do we have? Everyone wants to be like So Solid Crew, it only takes one criminal to turn everyone into one. It's the government's responsibility. They take away our youth centres and our playgrounds, what can we turn to? I don't like crime, but can understand why kids turn to crime.closing quote
Clare, 12, Essex

opening quoteTeenagers aged between 13-17 are mostly to blame for crime on the streets. They hang around in groups which I find very frightening because I hate walking past them on the way home from school.closing quote
Ellie, 13, Melton Mowbray

opening quoteI think that most kids forget they have the power to say 'no' to crime and instead do silly things to impress their friends.closing quote
Yaz, 16, Leicester

opening quoteCrime is terrible in my estate. Things have been stolen and we have been burgled twice.closing quote
Betty, 14, London

opening quoteAdults are to blame because they're the ones who set the examples to the younger generation.closing quote
Julie, 13, Manchester

opening quoteCrime is commited by kids out of control. I think the parents are to blame.closing quote
Lucy, 13, Liverpool

opening quoteI know loads of kids who show off about breaking shop windows and stuff. closing quote
Sara, 13, London

More InfoBORDER=0
PicturesShocking pix of girl's crime spree
Find OutMobile Phone Guide
Club"Streets getting worse"

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Children get help to beat phone crime
Teens on bail to be tagged
Terror teens named and shamed
Mobile phone thief gets four years
'Terror triplets' could get five years in prison

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Who influences you the most? Vote: who influences you the most?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Win a Haunted Mansion goody bag!
Play Rings Slider Challenge Play our tricky Rings Slider game!
Guides A-Z
A clickable list of all our guides
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club