Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Can computer games help you learn?
Updated 19 March 2002, 19.17

It's amazing! New research has found that computer games help you learn by teaching you to think clearly and make quick decisions.

So do you think gaming should be introduced in schools? Would it help you learn - or just take your mind off lessons?!

Tell us what you think now!

Unfortunately this topic is now closed but there are Comments pages on other subjects on the main Chat index.

opening quoteSome can help if you need to use your brain to make a strategy, to explore or they might help your reflexes and make you quicker! I would love to play them in class but I may not be able to concentrate if I kept thinking of how to win the game! closing quote
Elenor, 11, Reading

opening quoteI would love this to happen and lessons today are so boring! closing quote
David Coggan, 11, South Woodham

opening quoteIf there are computer games at school and adventure games would build your imagination. closing quote
Sam, 10, Nottingham

opening quoteI believe that computer games do not help you learn as they distract you form doing more vital and important school work. If I was Prime Minister I would ban games until the holidays so you can concentrate more on your education. closing quote
Dimant Patel, 15, Tolworth

opening quoteIt would be great. Games like Metal Gear Solid 2 help you think where to go and it exercises your brain. closing quote
Alexander Hetherington, 11, Twickenham

opening quoteI don't understand how they could help with learnin anyway. Games are just for fun. School is for learning, not fun.closing quote
Sarah, 13, Isle of Lewis

opening quoteI'd hate it! Can you imagine all the trouble it would cause? What's wrong with what we've got?closing quote
Emma, 13, Chichester

opening quoteComputer games are distracting and make your brain wander.closing quote
Gemma, 12, Ballynahinch, Co. Down

opening quoteComputer games help you learn because if you buya adventure game you will have to use your brain to work out a problem.closing quote
Rahull, 12, Willenhall

opening quoteSome games help you to learn, but most don't. It wouldn't be very cool to walk around a virtual school though!closing quote
Rob, 12, Trove

opening quoteComputer games help you learn because they make you concentrate. closing quote
Ben, 10, Belfast

More InfoBORDER=0
UKComputer games are good for you!
Find OutGames consoles guide
ChatChat about computer games
VoteVote: Games vs books

BORDER=0

Past StoriesBORDER=0
Lessons in gaming
School computers on the up

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club