Pictures
 Find Out
 The Team

Contact Us
Help
Teachers

Teachers' section
Updated 03 April 2003, 13.34

The teacher's section provides learning resources so you can easily teach lessons based on current news events.

We value your feedback on what we're doing.

Please send us your comments, criticisms or suggestions using the form below. We will reply to all your e-mails.

opening quoteHi there! I am a teacher at a secondary school in Peterborough. I teach Citizenship and RE (and History) and regularly use the newsround website as a resource both for my knowledge and to enable students to carry out research for citizenship lessons on Asylum Seekers and Racism.

This week, with the events in Iraq escalating I decided to deal directly with questions Year 7 particularly have with the prospect of war (this was on Monday!) and have had 2 RE lessons with Year 7 helping them to try and understand what is happening. They have a lot of questions (nearly all covered on your site) and want to be taken seriously. My lessons with them have been some of the best I've ever taught (I'm in my 2nd year of teaching) and the main reason they have worked so well is because of the Newsround Website.

It is clear, easy to follow and students are able to carry out their research quite easily. Thank you for providing such an important resource for children (and their teachers). I have a number of students of all ages who are now regularly watching the programme (I dont normally get home in time) in order to keep up to date with what is happening. Newsround deserves the allocades and awards as it is the only programme of its kind.

Please pass on my thanks and appreciation to all those concerned with the website and teacher resources - Karen, Peterboroughclosing quote

opening quoteYour web pages are packed of excellent information to use in the classroom. I'm planning a Geography unit for year 3 called What's in the News - Anna, Winchesterclosing quote

opening quoteI would just like to thank you for your Newsround Extra 'Who's Your Crew' I am a drama teacher, and have been tearing my hair out trying to find something issue based to inspire my year 9 students - now I have it! They were fascinated by the subject matter, and had lots to say on the subject! The material was an excellent start for discussion about segregation and cliques. Thank you! - Lieselclosing quote

opening quoteI think it is a great site and it is lovely to see how many opportunities there are for young people and also how easy it is for them to find their way round and access information!! - Emmaclosing quote

BORDER=0

Your name

Your e-mail address - if you want a reply

Your comment

Thanks for your comment. We will read and reply to every one.
BORDER=0

More InfoBORDER=0
Find OutWhat is the teachers' section?

BORDER=0

E-mail this page to a friend

Full Chat Section
Also in Your Comments now:
Your views on forced marriages
Your messages for Paula Radcliffe
What did you do for bonfire night?
Today's quickfire quiz How well do you know today's news?
Play Celebrity Bathtime! Join the celebs for a dunking in the bath!
Try our quiz! Quiz: Think you know about Avril Lavigne?
© BBC Back to top^^
Homepage | UK | World | Sport | Music | TV/Film | Animals | Sci/Tech | Weather
Pictures | Find Out | The Team | Games | Chat | Vote | Win | Quiz | Club