A puppy called Harley has survived after wolfing down a 40 centimetre-long metal choke chain.
Her owner, Devina Alderson from Cambridge, said she saw 18-week-old Harley chewing on the lead, and then the next minute it was gone.
Vets had to carry out an urgent operation to remove the chain from the dog's stomach, and she's fine now.
"I think she may have a metal fetish because she tried to eat the scissors too," her vet said.
'Thrown the chain in the bin'
Mrs Alderson said: "Luckily it was still in her stomach. If it had gone into her digestive
system, it could have done a lot of damage."