Others do not have to pay, but must register with Transport for London and in some cases make a one-off or annual £10 payment.
These include drivers of:
- Vehicles used by disabled people holding blue or orange badges
- Alternative fuel vehicles which meet strict emissions standards
- Some breakdown and recovery vehicles
- Vehicles with nine or more seats not licensed as buses
- Some operational vehicles used by the emergency services
Zone residents can register one private vehicle each to receive a 90% discount.