Politicians in Moray have welcomed an assurance from the Scottish Government that money is available for a flood alleviation scheme in Elgin.
Environment Minister Roseanna Cunningham told BBC Scotland there was funding if the scheme was approved following a public local inquiry.
Moray Council chief executive Alastair Keddie welcomed the assurance.
Residents in Fochabers are also being promised a new bridge in the wake of the devastating flooding last week.
The local authority said design work on a new single span bridge was already under way.
Part of a bridge was washed away after torrential rain overnight into Friday.
Moray Council deputy convener Allan Wright told BBC Scotland: "The bridge will be in place in a matter of months."
He vowed: "The people of Fochabers will not face the same again."
Tributes were also paid by councillors at a Moray Council meeting on Wednesday to the many local authority and emergency services staff who worked to help out with the relief effort.
The major clean-up operation is continuing after the floods forced dozens of people out of their homes.
A flood relief fund has already been launched to help families whose homes were damaged.
Some victims were uninsured against losses of household contents.
The floods could cost the local authority up to £5m, the excess on its insurance policy.
Similar flooding problems happened in Elgin in 1997 and again in 2002.