The father of missing York chef Claudia Lawrence has said he is supportive of the continued police investigation into his daughter's disappearance.
Peter Lawrence said he was "most grateful" to North Yorkshire Police for the work they had done.
He was speaking after the man behind the press campaign to find the chef called for an independent inquiry into how the case has been investigated.
Mr Lawrence said he had not called for such a review.
Martin Dales, a friend of the chef's father, earlier said the police had devoted huge resources to the inquiry, but were no closer to finding Miss Lawrence.
North Yorkshire Police said it was "disappointed" by Mr Dales' comments which were not Mr Lawrence's views.
In a statement issued on Tuesday, Mr Lawrence said: "I am most grateful, firstly to North Yorkshire Police, and in particular the investigation team, for continuing to investigate Claudia's disappearance."
He also expressed his gratitude to the North Yorkshire Police Authority for continuing to sanction and fund the investigation and to the public for their "invaluable" contribution and support since his daughter went missing 14 months ago.
Miss Lawrence was last seen leaving her workplace in York on 18 March 2009.
The disappearance of the chef, who was 35 years old when she went missing, is being treated as suspected murder.
Ch Supt Iain Spittal, chief of staff for North Yorkshire Police, said the investigation had been and continued to be "a thorough, professional but challenging inquiry".