Up to 200 jobs may be axed at a hospital in Dorset in the next 12 months to counter financial problems.
The posts and other services at Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester are being reviewed after the trust said it faced a predicted deficit of £7.4m by 2010.
A meeting with staff has been called to try to allay fears over possible job losses, a trust spokeswoman said.
Last week, the chairman of the health trust resigned saying its long-term progress should be led by someone new.
Robin SeQueira CBE served as chairman of the hospital for 12 years and will be replaced in November.
He said the hospital should expect a "period of considerable change" as the review of services took place.
A decision on possible cuts will be finalised by mid-January, the trust spokeswoman said.
Placard-waving demonstrators marched through Dorchester on Sunday in protest at any cuts to jobs and services.
A Facebook group with more than 7,000 members was set up in protest at the potential closure of the maternity and special care baby unit (SCBU).
But the trust has told patients both services will remain.