BBC Home > BBC News > Business

ITV takes full ownership of GMTV

26 November 09 11:07 GMT

ITV has taken full control of the breakfast TV broadcaster GMTV.

ITV, which already owned 75% of the company, said it had acquired the remaining 25% stake from the Walt Disney Company in a deal worth £22.25m.

"GMTV is the gateway to the ITV day," said John Cresswell, ITV's chief operating officer.

"It represents an exciting opportunity to create a highly complementary daytime schedule offering great programming from 6am to 6pm."

ITV said that the acquisition formed part of its strategy to focus on its core activities.

Related BBC sites

*