Firefighters returned the bird to its nest on the roof of the house
A baby seagull has been rescued and returned to its nest after being trapped in a chimney for three days.
The gull was nesting on the roof of a house at Broad Street in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan, when it fell down the chimney.
A builder working at the property heard the bird and rescued it from behind the chimney breast.
The RSPCA praised firefighters, who used a hydraulic lift to return the seagull to its nest on the roof.
RSPCA inspector Christine McNeill, who was called to the scene, said: "It's amazing that this baby gull survived for three days on its own, and I'd like to thank South Wales fire and rescue for their help in the rescue.
"Their professionalism meant that the bird was returned to its parents with the minimum of fuss."
A South Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Firefighters from Barry attended Broad Street to assist the RSPCA rescue a seagull that had fallen out of its nest.
"Using the hydraulic platform the fire crew were able to reach the chimney, retrieve the baby bird and replace it in its nest.
"The fire and rescue service often works with the RSPCA for animal rescues and when it is possible to help in these circumstances, obviously we do our best."