[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Wednesday, 30 March, 2005, 12:33 GMT 13:33 UK
Fumes probe over teenager's death
Alex Mitchell
Alex Mitchell was found dead at a house in Cwmbran
Investigators are considering if carbon monoxide poisoning was responsible for the death of a teenager over Easter.

The body of Alex Mitchell, 14, was found at an address in Cwmbran, south Wales on Good Friday.

Gwent Police have launched an investigation and are being assisted by the Health and Safety Executive.

The coroner has been informed of Alex's death and police are awaiting the results of a post mortem examination.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, Alex's family paid tribute to the teenager, describing her as "a wonderful most beautiful and talented granddaughter, daughter, sister and auntie".

"You've given us fourteen happy years of love, laughter and inspiration. Always an honour to have loved and shared with you, you'll be held in our hearts forever," said the statement by the Mitchell family.




RELATED INTERNET LINKS:
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific