[an error occurred while processing this directive]
BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Tuesday, 28 December, 2004, 14:38 GMT
Rogue heroin warning after death
Heroin generic
Those taking the batch quickly become unconscious
Police have issued a warning over a rogue batch of heroin that may be to blame for the death of one man and six other near-fatalities in south Wales.

Police say Jonathan Pincott, 24, died from a suspected accidental overdose in a hotel room in Tonyrefail.

Six other people have been treated for overdoses in the past two weeks in Tylorstown, Aberdare, Tonyrefail and Ystrad.

Detectives are appealing for help in tracing the batch of the Class A drug.

Detective Inspector Peter Pope of South Wales Police said: ""It seems to be the case that users of controlled drugs are having an adverse reaction to a batch of heroin they are taking.

"So much so, that those taking it become unconscious and it's only been swift action by ambulance services that saw them being revived.

"People who use illegal drugs are risking their lives at any time, but doubly so if they have had access to this heroin."

People with information are asked to contact Pontypridd police station on 01656 655555 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

Drugs dealers jailed for 58 years
12 Nov 04 |  South West Wales

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


News Front Page | Africa | Americas | Asia-Pacific | Europe | Middle East | South Asia
UK | Business | Entertainment | Science/Nature | Technology | Health
Have Your Say | In Pictures | Week at a Glance | Country Profiles | In Depth | Programmes
Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific