The fight to save Wrexham FC has moved forward with officials deciding against expelling the club from the league and a redevelopment plan winning approval.
Wrexham's Football League future was decided on Monday
The Football League's board voted to accept a rescue plan by a consortium to take the club out of administration.
And plans for a multi million pound land redevelopment near the Racecourse ground were also given the go-ahead.
Wrexham councillors heard the redevelopment was key to securing the club's future.
There were concerns a Football League meeting in Portugal on Monday would expel Wrexham for being in administration for over 18 months.
But a league spokesman said proposals for a £3.3m takeover led by Wrexham businessman Neville Dickens had met the 18-month deadline.
The decision will now be referred for approval by all Football League clubs.
Wrexham went into administration in 2004 with debts of around £4m.
Football League rules state that clubs must not remain in administration for more than 18 months.
Wrexham's shareholders and creditors last week voted unanimously in favour of a takeover by a consortium led by Mr Dickens, a car dealer.
But completion is still several weeks away and the 18 months deadline for expulsion passed on 3 June.
Wrexham's fans have campaigned to save the troubled club
But a league spokesman said the board was happy that the takeover proposals had met the deadline for the Dragons to come out of administration.
The board accepted that formalities still had to be completed before the buy out is finalised and their decision has been referred for formal approval by delegates from all the league clubs.
No objections are expected and Wrexham will be included in next season's fixture list to be announced on 22 June.
Meanwhile, a separate meeting in Wrexham approved plans submitted by Mr Dickens' consortium to extend the ground and redevelop the club's Racecourse Ground.
Private apartment blocks of four, five and six storeys are included in the redevelopment, together with up to 500 sq m of retail space and a new stand at the Crispin Lane end of the ground to replace the existing Kop.
Objections have been raised over plans to build an eight-storey block of flats as part of the redevelopment.
The apartment block will house up to 300 students at the nearby North East Wales Institute of Higher Education.
Councillors gave their approval despite some concerns over issues such as traffic, parking and the eight-story student block.
The committee agreed to impose 26 conditions to ensure that the development is carried out in accordance with planning policies.
Councillor Mike Morris, chair of the planning committee, said the decision would enable the club to move forward and any outstanding issues would be dealt with at a later stage.