A man died after being stung by a bee while out for a walk with his wife and dog, it has emerged.
Richard Francis leaves two grown-up children
Accountant Richard Francis, 59, was stung on the elbow on Sunday and started feeling ill 10 minutes later, his wife has said.
Jacqui Francis, also 59, said her husband had a severe allergy to insect stings, but had no medication with him as they walked in Builth Wells, Powys.
Friends said Mr Francis, of Aberystwyth in Ceredigion, will be "sorely missed".
Mrs Francis, 59, said she and her husband, who have been married for 34 years, were out for a walk.
"Richard was in the office so much he liked to get out when he could," she said.
"He was stung on his elbow - within 10 minutes he said he didn't feel well.
"We walked about 300 yards and he said he needed to sit down - he was perspiring quite heavily.
Mrs Francis said she went for help after realising her husband, a father-of-two, had gone into anaphylactic shock.
"I knocked on the door of a nearby house and spoke to a young soldier there and an ambulance was called," she said.
"Richard was prostrate on the ground at that time.
"A farmer came by and he and a young man picked Richard up and they took him to hospital."
Mrs Francis said that, despite doses of adrenaline and steroids being given to Mr Francis, he could not be revived.
She added her husband had had a similar attack 20 years ago and he was given steroids to take in the event of another attack.
Mr Francis was a founder partner of the chartered accountants Francis Gray in Aberystwyth and was also a keen horseman and pilot, piloting himself all over Europe.
Business partner Robert Gray said it was ironic he enjoyed dangerous sports and yet succumbed to a bee sting.
"He will be sorely missed in the town and the business community where he was highly respected," he said.
And local Rotary Club colleague Richard Griffiths described him as a "well-respected professional accountant".
"He was a very honest, straight-forward, likeable man and we are all devastated at what happened," he said.