Michael Adamson touched a live wire while working at construction site
A Scottish engineering firm has been fined £300,000 after an employee was electrocuted in 2005.
Electrician Michael Adamson, 26, from Bo'ness, died while working on a live wire marked "not in use" at a JJB Fitness Centre.
His employer, Mitie Engineering Services (Edinburgh) Ltd, was found guilty of breaching health and safety laws over his death.
The company was ordered to pay the fine at Dundee Sheriff Court.
Earlier this month, three of the firm's senior employees, managing director William Mitchell, operations director Scott Wallace and project and technical services manager Ian Storrar, were cleared of neglect over Mr Adamson's death.
Speaking outside court, his sister Louise Adamson, 32, said she was glad the case was finally over.
She said: "Michael's life was priceless, you could never put a value on that.
"The company has been fined a substantial sum but companies have been getting fines for well over 30 years.
"Scotland still has one of the worst work-related death records and until you have company individuals held responsible for these, they are unlikely to sit up and take real notice.
"All we can do now is hope that the safety measures brought in since Michael died will have an impact."