BBC News
watch One-Minute World News
Last Updated: Tuesday, 4 March 2008, 17:58 GMT
HSE looks into dog electrocution
Milou
Milou was killed while out for a walk in Tait's Lane
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has confirmed that it is investigating the electrocution of a dog in Dundee.

The 12-year-old Husky retriever, Milou, was killed last month when a technical fault caused a lamppost in Tait's Lane to carry a live current.

The HSE said that Scottish and Southern Energy has assured them the lamppost had been fixed.

However, the executive will carry out further inquiries to try to make sure it does not happen again.

A spokesman said they would be asking various questions to satisfy themselves that other lampposts are not faulty.

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites



FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific