Dundee's largest surviving jute baron's mansion is to be redeveloped into new homes in a £6m project.
Clement Park House dates back to the 1800s
Building work on Clement Park House, which belonged to famous mill owner James Cox, started in 1854 and was completed in about 1862.
The category B listed property was later used as a maternity hospital, a children's home and a homeless refuge, but is currently empty.
Buddon Homes plans 10 flats, with 23 new-build homes in the grounds.
Ruth Finnan from Buddon said: "It's in quite a state of disrepair, so we're going to restore it to its original glory.
"The house is listed and therefore we will retain all the features of interest - the cornices, the windows, there's etched glass, there's a marvellous staircase and all these will be restored and retained in the flats.
"It is magnificent. The building has a strong Dundee connection, historically with the jute and in particular the Cox brothers."
The building is now boarded up and empty
Clement Park House, which is just off Clement Park Place in Lochee, was named after James Cox's wife Clementina.
His brothers lived in other jute baron mansions in the same row, however, after World War II they were demolished to make way for council housing estates.
At one point the Cox brothers employed more than 5,000 people at their Camperdown works.
Nine locals had written letters of objection to the redevelopment plans for Clement Park House raising concerns about the effect on the setting of the listed building, the existing trees being home to animals and the development overshadowing nearby properties.
However councillors on the development quality committee approved the planning application.
As well as the new homes there are also proposals to bring back the formal garden and croquet lawn.
Buddon Homes hopes that work can begin by the end of this month, with the redevelopment of the house completed in 12 to 18 months.