Page last updated at 11:45 GMT, Thursday, 13 May 2010 12:45 UK

Hawick assault inquiry studies new leads

Police logo
Police have received a number of new lines of inquiry following an appeal

Police are following up "several new lines of inquiry" following a public appeal for information about a serious assault in the Scottish Borders.

A 54-year-old man remains in a serious condition after the attack in Hawick's McLaren Court on 26 April.

Det Sgt Jim Morrison said he was pleased at the local community's efforts to help find the culprits.

However, he urged anyone who still had information about the incident to get in touch as soon as possible.

"As a result of last week's appeal, we received half a dozen calls from the public and will now begin following up on a number of new lines of enquiry," he said.

"Nevertheless, there may still be someone out there who knows something and has not yet made contact with police.

"I would urge them to do so as soon as possible."



Print Sponsor


SEE ALSO
Fresh appeal over serious assault
04 May 10 |  South of Scotland

RELATED INTERNET LINKS
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external internet sites


FEATURES, VIEWS, ANALYSIS
Has China's housing bubble burst?
How the world's oldest clove tree defied an empire
Why Royal Ballet principal Sergei Polunin quit

PRODUCTS & SERVICES

Americas Africa Europe Middle East South Asia Asia Pacific