Mr Norris died in the Scottish Borders in July 2006
A date has been set for a fatal accident inquiry into Britain's first anthrax death in more than 30 years.
Christopher "Pascal" Norris, of Stobs, near Hawick in the Scottish Borders, died from the disease in July 2006.
A health board report has concluded that "on balance of probabilities" he had contracted it from playing or handling West African drums.
The inquiry will be staged at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on 18 November, with a preliminary hearing on 24 July.
A sheriff will determine on the cause of death, any precautions which could have been taken to avoid it and any defects in the system which contributed to the death.
The decision to hold an inquiry was welcomed by South of Scotland SNP MSP Christine Grahame who has campaigned for one to be held.
"This is a very important case and was frequently referred to in the legislative process of the Public Health Bill which has now been passed," she said.
"The huge problem in the case of Mr Norris was no-one knew who was in charge and as a result the investigation rumbled on for such a long time.
"But with the passing of this bill we now know who will ultimately be in charge of the process, as the legislation says it will be down to the local authority."
She said, although lessons had been learned, she was "absolutely delighted" the inquiry would be held.
Although Mr Norris died at his home in the remote hamlet of Stobs, near Hawick, the inquiry will be staged in Edinburgh due to a pressure of space at Jedburgh Sheriff Court.
The case of inhalation anthrax was the first of its type recorded in the UK since 1904 and the first case of any type of anthrax in more than 30 years.
Anthrax is caused by the spore-forming bacterium Bacillus anthracis.
It most commonly occurs in animals such as cattle, sheep and goats but can also occur in humans when exposed to infected animals.