NHS Borders has published a full report into the circumstances surrounding the death of a man in the Scottish Borders from anthrax.
Christopher "Pascal" Norris died in July last year with tests subsequently confirming the disease as the cause.
It sparked a major public health operation across the Borders and beyond. Here is how it unfolded.
WEDNESDAY 16 AUGUST 2006
NHS Borders confirms what is believed to be the first death from anthrax in the UK for more than 20 years.
The man's home at Black Lodge in Stobs, near Hawick in the Scottish Borders, is cordoned off and an incident control team set up.
FRIDAY 18 AUGUST 2006
A major public health operation swings into action as a result of Mr Norris's death.
Anyone assessed as being at high risk of exposure to anthrax spores is contacted and offered precautionary treatment.
MONDAY 4 SEPTEMBER 2006
Sampling gets under way at Mr Norris's home near Hawick to check for anthrax spores.
Roads around the area are closed to pedestrians and traffic while the tests are carried out.
FRIDAY 17 NOVEMBER 2006
A village hall in the Borders is cordoned off after the discovery of minute traces of anthrax.
NHS Borders confirms that the building in Smailholm is being closed as a precautionary measure after the find.
TUESDAY 6 MARCH 2007
A specialist US company starts decontamination work at the village hall in the Borders where traces of anthrax were discovered.
After decontamination is complete further tests are expected to be done before the building is given the all clear.
THURSDAY 13 DECEMBER 2007
A full report is published into the death of Mr Norris and the resulting public health measures.
Health officials say the most likely cause of infection is from either playing or handling West African drums.
NHS Borders says the lessons learned from the "untimely death" of a "very gifted" man will be shared with other health bodies.