A village hall in the Borders has been given the all-clear after specialist decontamination work was carried out.
The area was sealed off while decontamination work took place
US experts were called in to seal off the area and help clean up the building in Smailholm.
Anthrax spores were found in the hall during a probe into the death of Christopher "Pascal" Norris, from near Hawick, last year.
Drumming classes which he attended were held in the hall, prompting investigations at the site.
The building was sealed with a tarpaulin "membrane" before decontamination work was carried out.
Further tests have now been carried out which found no "viable" anthrax spores in the building.
"I am delighted that the incident control team for NHS Borders has authorised the return of the village hall in Smailholm to normal use," said director of public health Andrew Riley.
He once again thanked locals for their patience and support.
"I understand that there are events planned for the near future, starting with one on Saturday," he said.
"I hope to attend myself and would encourage as many people as possible to support the events held in the village hall during the coming year."
Anthrax is caused by the spore-forming bacterium Bacillus anthracis.
It most commonly occurs in animals such as cattle, sheep and goats but can also occur in humans when they are exposed to infected animals.
Health Protection Scotland has stressed that it is not passed from person to person.